Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 237

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, he was great in Aladdin. Duh

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Has anyone seen Abominable? Thoughts on it? No thread for it on here. Might see it this weekend.

Colby Searcy likes this.
    ghostedaway likes this.
  4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Buying my ticket right now

5. I liked Smith well enough in Suicide Squad ha, but that aside Pursuit of Happyness and I Am Legend are probably the last movies where I really enjoyed him. Crazy that those were both over a decade ago.

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Just watched carrie for like the third time ever

It's so fucking amazing. It's so fucking good.

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

So i did see Abominable yesterday and freakin' loved it. Looked so gorgeous and the characters were great too.

Whoop

coleslawed and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Why is Robert Downey Jr in a dr dolittle remake?

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Why is anyone?

supernovagirl and Colby Searcy like this.
  10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I'm really not sure why this movie seems to be getting so much attention. Actors star in lame children's movies all the time

11. imthegrimace

I guess another remake shouldn’t surprise me at this point.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm not entirely against a Dr Doolitte remake, it's been 20 years since the last one, but apparently there were big tone issues where they had to figure out how to fit the funny talking animals with the serious human shit
    I'm kinda intrigued though

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They’re all so bad. Although the original being up for awards against the leaders of the suddenly changing film landscape will always make me laugh.

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It looks so bad. Terrible CGI and too serious of a tone

Idk how I feel about Downey's English accent either

15. imthegrimace

I just saw the trailer and is it supposed to be an English accent? Cause I don’t know what that was.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Honestly not sure haha just took a wild guess since Tom Holland is using his normal English accent :P

imthesheriff likes this.
  17. This makes me so happy.

ghostedaway likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s definitely trying to be Welsh.

Also wow was that trailer so much worse than I imagined. Looks straight out of 2004 or something. And that cover of What a Wonderful World sucked the soul out of my body.

The fact that Michael Sheen and a million other people I love are in it just hurts.

RyanPm40 and imthesheriff like this.
  19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

That's strange because aren't his British accents in Chaplin / Sherlock Holmes apparently really accurate?

CarpetElf and imthesheriff like this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Why are British actors so much better at doing American accents than vice versa

21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

My baseless guesses are that a significant part is just that British people in general absorb more American media than American people do British. Also it may just be possible that it’s physically easier to go B->A than A->B; I’ve definitely heard of that being a thing with learning languages, so afaik the same idea can apply with specific accents

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Also even when American actors pull off a British accent, it’s pretty much always a kinda generic posh accent. I want to hear an American sound like Liam Gallagher

23. Morrissey

Trusted

British actors tend to be classically trained, whereas American actors increasingly don't go to acting school.

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

British actors do that a lot as well though. Even people who are really good at accent work often go super generic and don’t necessarily sound like a specific American region.

There’s a great YouTube series called Technique Critique where experts in different fields talk about pop culture examples of what they know, and the best ones are from a dialect coach and linguist who gets suuuuuper in depth about what goes into an accent and the difference between a successful or unsuccessful one.

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I love those videos. Super in depth and interesting.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.