Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 230

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Nothing to worry about here.

2. Morrissey

Trusted

That is true, and it something lost from releasing it all at once, but other shows have managed to pick up steam through word of mouth. BoJack Horseman has an awful first half of its first season, but people who stuck with it were able to spread the word. The most popular shows on Netflix are things like The Office and Friends, shows that have been over for years.

3. Morrissey

Trusted

The good stuff will always have a conversation. I doubt anyone on this forum watched The Sopranos all the way from 1999 to 2007, if they watched it during its original run at all.

CarpetElf and popdisaster00 like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Personally I hate when they release it all at once but I'll just take my time watching a season

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

Watching Twin Peaks season 3 week to week was so satisfying. Reminded me of when I was a teenager watching LOST.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s a great example. I wasn’t able to watch it until it was done and binged it all. I still loved it but I bet it was more fun that way.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The wait between seasons three and four of LOST was one of the most excruciating television experiences ever for me.

8. Morrissey

Trusted

I would have preferred watching Twin Peaks at my own pace. You can always make yourself wait a week if you want.

supernovagirl likes this.
  9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The discussion in between episodes of LOST was one of the biggest reasons it was so popular. I wrote a paper on it once in college.

10. Dog with a Blog

11. Dinosaurs Dish Sep 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 5, 2019)
    Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

No matter what I’m sure it’ll be beautiful to look at and leave you with images stuck in your head.

13. Morrissey

Trusted

Roy Andersson's films are so fun. I haven't seen his really early work (he stopped making movies for 25 years), but all of the films in this style are beautifully shot in their own way.

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

They idea of releasing episodes weekly rather than all at once is probably an attempt to keep people from just subscribing for a month when whatever they want to watch drops, then binging and quiting.

edit: just saw the follow up post that they're not doing it for most shows, so nvm

15. Dog with a Blog

It really does look like a painting. Or, as someone on reddit pointed out, the framing of a lot of the shots look like they are from a video game and you are seeing the NPCs from a sort of voyeuristic perspective. I 100% feel that too.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

James Bond should die but it's funny seeing people get mad

aoftbsten likes this.
  17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Should die?

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

But there’s no time to die

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Maybe die another day

supernovagirl likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I worded that wrong, I meant the franchise has run its course and I'd rather a non Bond female spy film like Atomic Blonde

21. Morrissey

Trusted

Exactly.

James Bond is a symbol of misogyny and colonialism. Putting a woman in the role doesn't really change that.

22. Would be cool to see a female Bond alongside the current team of Fiennes, Harris, and Whishaw. Doctor Who and Ocean's 8 switched over successfully, so I'm sure Bond could, too. I hadn't thought of what the character symbolizes, though; that's a good point. We do need more new IPs to combat the sequel/reboot cycle, I just always thought of Bond, like Doctor Who, as one of those things the British would put out forever and ever.

23. imthegrimace

I agree about everything said about Bond I just grew up watching it with my dad so I’d be kinda bummed if it went away completely.

24. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Never watched a Bond movie all the way through and have no real desire to either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. imthegrimace

Cool.