Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 222

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Netflix canceled the Get Down and Tuca and Bertie and Sense8 and paid those goobers $200 million

If it weren't for Bojack and Queer Eye I wouldn't bother subscribing

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

they also paid about $200 million total to Jerry Seinfeld, Ricky Gervais and Eddie Murphy , it's very bad

Nathan and CarpetElf like this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Here we gooooo. Starting season 5 of Jane and dying a minute in

Screenshot_20190809-133110.png

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Whoa

aoftbsten likes this.
  6. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Red and Kitty are unequivocally my favorite sitcom parents
    [​IMG]

7. More insomnia thoughts: who are some actors often overlooked or underrated due to a movie or franchise they were in? KStew and RPats obviously got the worst of it, but Kirsten Dunst also comes to mind after playing MJ. I actually haven't seen Dakota Johnson in anything, but she does seem to be breaking into more interesting roles.

I wonder if people get so used to seeing actors in superhero roles that they forget the actors can be very good in other things.

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like Shia LaBeouf got a lot of shit for being immature and being in Indiana Jones and Transformers, but he’s a really good actor.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Robin Williams died today 5 years ago today. Recently watched Mrs. Doubtfire and he never ceases to amaze me. Watching him is my renewable energy source of inspiration. Hes one of my favorite people ever. I still tear up when I see him in anything. here are a couple videos I watch when I need a pick me up. Along with all his talk show appearances

Cameron likes this.
  10. I think the only thing I've seen Shia in post-Transformers is Nymphomaniac haha... He's in a thing coming out with Dakota Johnson though and it looks like they both put in solid performances.

Robin's death hit me hard. I mostly haven't been able to (re)watch anything he's been in since; I get too emotional just thinking about how he's no longer with us. As someone who struggles with depression, it's especially hard for me whenever someone I admire so much goes like that.

Dodger likes this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I highly recommend Fury. Shia is very good in it, but then again pretty much every other aspect and actor in it is fantastic. I feel like that’s an underrated movie.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I will forever remember the day Robin passed for it was also the day I got fired from my first real job. So it was just a very upsetting day.

13. Morrissey

Trusted

14. I like all those movies except I haven't watched P&P, Carol, or Godfather. Ya ya I know...

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Interstellar being #6 on both lists is hilarious

16. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

kf8Pq7S_d.jpg

Every time I see that Carol poster I think of this

alina, TJ Wells, SpyKi and 1 other person like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

“But this series was originally intended to have 30 Rock character Jack Donaghy abandoning his job at General Electric and becoming the mayor of New York City.”

This is Kabletown erasure

coleslawed and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  19. Morrissey

Trusted

If they are able to make a stylish and fun movie like the Spiderverse movie, why do we get five or six soulless mega-properties every year?

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Because those five or six movies are all leading to a 4 hour movie wrapping up loose ends in about 6 years that will break all the records!

21. It's a reflection of our soulless society.

22. Morrissey

Trusted

I just watched the Spiderverse movie today. It has more personality in its opening than just about any superhero movie I have seen. Most importantly, it recognizes that superhero stories are supposed to be light and silly.

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah it rules

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I hate superhero movies for the most part and I enjoyed Spiderverse

25. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Disney stinks