Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 216

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Great not only will conservative morons be apoplectic over it for months but they’ll also feel vindicated when it inevitably sucks / probably flops bc not a single person in the world asked for another Mask sequel

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The mask terrified me as a child. It is dark sided and I will not watch this!!!

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Another?

5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Holy I had no idea that existed!

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

So this is good

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Kiana

LOTR trilogy can be summed up in: Oh no he died :tear: oh wait he's alive :-)

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Kiana

I wonder if ant orcs were ever like.... But man is p cool like that Aragorn dude seems legit maybe I wanna be good :teethsmile:

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

A lot of fantasy series can haha.

Kiana likes this.
  11. Kiana

I still say Dominic Mononanana

12. Kiana

tumblr_m6x4wnZkC71qhfh3uo6_r1_250.gif

giphy-47.gif

13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Upstream Color: like if Malick tried making his own Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I've tried writing more than that but I'm struggling for words that aren't rambling or pretentious or uselessly vague. It's just a film to take in.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I gave Upstream Color to my friend, and he said he hated it. Yet always asks me about it, and how I interpreted it. Heh

riotspray and CarpetElf like this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

I might need to see it again but I remember really liking it. A lot more than Primer, anyway

16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I really don’t get how you can hate it so long as you “get” the basic plot. Which is of course initially confusing (especially if you’re not used to movies shot in such a sparse way), but if you understand it then it’s obvious just how many potential interpretations work for explaining both the sci-fi story of it (Man 1 uses drug worm to cause traumatic event that ruins victim’s lives despite them being unable to explain it — Man 2 removes drug worm by transplanting both it and some part of the person’s “essence” into a pig — Drug eventually finds its way back into the earth and plants, which are collected by women who perpetuate the cycle) and the personal story (two victims are drawn to each other and try to cope with a life-ruining event that they can’t explain).

Idk to me it feels like a rare modern example of how fully fleshed out an independent auteur can make a film when not creatively constrained by the broader studio system.

Cameron likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yes I’m in agreement, but my friend is not.

18. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  19. CarpetElf likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    holy shit

imthesheriff likes this.
  21. riotspray and Davjs like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

23. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This makes me incredibly happy. I loved American Reunion if for nothing other than the nostalgia

Dodger likes this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

love it

25. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Just watched Sunshine and between that and Snowpiercer I've decided that now since Chris Evans is done with the MCU he should focus all his energy on his true calling: climate apocalypse thrillers.