Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 213

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

also not a bus, but my personal favorite

coleslawed likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Made by the creator of This Is Us and future Indiana Jones screenwriter (kill me) Dan Fogelman, no less.

3. Morrissey

Trusted

My mother made me leave the theater because Meet Joe Black was so long and her movie was long over. I will never know the ending.

riotspray likes this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to catch up on Big Little Lies but I just can’t stop watching Frasier.

5. I do, too, and I have one episode of Chernobyl left to watch, but I probably won't re-sub to HBO again until Euphoria is done.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That Chernobyl finale is super tight.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Life Itself is a Roger Ebert biopic right?

riotspray likes this.
  8. Nathan

Life Itself (2014): Documentary about Roger Ebert that I have not seen

Life Itself (2018): Bad movie featuring this laboriously terrible and flat out incorrect monologue from Olivia Wilde, “Unreliable Narrator!... Unreliable Narrators are considered a device, right? Don't answer. They are. They are and they don't get a lot of literary analysis because it's a gimmick. It's a trick. I mean Canterbury Tales gets a shoutout because, you know, it's good but typically it's used for popcorn crime novels and thriller movies Agatha Christie, Usual Suspects, so on and so forth. But I'm going to argue that every narrator by its very definition is unreliable because when you tell a story there's always an essential distance between the story itself and the telling of said story, right? So therefore every story that has ever been told has an Unreliable Narrator. The only truly reliable narrator would be someone hypothetically telling a story that unfolds before our very eyes which is obviously very impossible SO what does that tell us? That the only truly reliable narrator is life itself. But life itself is also completely unreliable because it is constantly misdirecting and misleading us and taking us on this journey where it is literally impossible to predict where it is going to go next... Life as the ultimate Unreliable Narrator.”

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

New BLL is so good!!!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I know! I've been hearing its' praise from my friend and she's killing me for not being caught up. I will one day :)

11. Ughh I was so disappointed when I logged in to watch it and my subscription had ended at 12am EST/9pm for me. So unfair. I really should've timed that better.

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow, damn, that sucks!

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, My Coffee with Niles is an incredible episode. Damn.

14. Well, technically it was the 15th at 11:59pm, I guess. When Hulu says the 15th, they mean the 15th at 12am. Had three episodes of Handmaid's Tale S1 left, which was even more annoying. Good to know going forward if I'm to re-sub for a month at a time.

15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

You really had to make me relive this terrible monologue. Shame on you

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

God Yesterday is gonna be a huge hit, isn’t it? Kill me now.

17. In high school, my friend, who was obsessed with The Beatles, dragged me to see Across the Universe in IMAX at Universal CityWalk. I wasn't super familiar with their music at the time. I'm still not. The film itself had nice visuals but was ultimately unmemorable.

This Yesterday movie seems charming enough?

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yesterday looks like great fun

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lily James should be in every movie

cybele likes this.
  20. Nathan

I like Notting Hill enough to wish Richard Curtis success in all his future endeavors even if I haven’t enjoyed any of them a fraction as much as I enjoyed Notting Hill

Kiana likes this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

It's about halfway decent

irthesteve likes this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like the questions raised in Yesterday about how much their music not existing would affect pop culture and the world in general or how much of their power was from the era versus just true timeless universal appeal are waaaaaay more complicated than a fluffy summer movie would want to get into.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah how do Coldplay and Ed Sheeran exist without them lol

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Beatles songs would not catch on in 2019

SpyKi likes this.
  25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

About Time tho

coleslawed likes this.