Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 212

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah I'll always prefer the experience of seeing a movie in a theatre. Also for all of those lines about people watching movies online, plus that Kumail story about the girl who doesn't watch movies, they seem to ignore how popular tv shows have become

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I'm watching Paths of Glory right now and love it, but are Kubrick's film before it worth watching? I genuinely could not have even named them before looking them up now

SpyKi likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I can't watch movies at home , I just wind up on my phone or computer the whole time

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Theater experience going extinct is one of those harsh realities I'm gonna have the hardest time reconciling with, easily

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The Killing is pretty cool but wouldn't recommend anything earlier really.

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

To me it's come down to price. The theaters have priced many people out....at least now compared to other options. Moviepass also spoiled me rotten. $10 a month for unlimited? I can't go from that to $15 per movie.

Also there's been just nothing of great interest in terms of mainstream movies.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have no attachment to theaters honestly. Expensive, and ppl suck. Would much rather watch in my living room in my PJs with some take out

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

wow cool, should never have given Singer in the first place but still I'm in

popdisaster00 likes this.
  9. Just came here to post this. Good for Jill. I’m also excited to see how Transparent wraps up sans Tambor

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Jesus, they’re both disgusting unfunny losers. Go away, it’s not the 80’s anymore.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

In defense of Dice Clay he probably... needed the money! Oh!

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

“And I love Dice Clay. A view which I’m sure will one day be problematic.”

14. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I love movie theaters but they need to lower their prices or it's only gonna get much much worse. Glad AMC and seemingly now Regal and soon Alamo are on the subscription train.

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Tickets to movies here average about $10 I think. I usually pay 8 or less but if I'm going on a weekend or something it might be $12

16. Kiana

It will never not be funny when a character gets hit by a bus and it's meant to be srs. And the bus is always going like 80mph in a residential neighborhood.

17. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

one time I ran across the street to catch a bus for work and got hit by one going the other way (not very fast) but apologized profusely and asked if I could sign anything saying I was completely at fault

maybe not relevant but hey there’s a bus story

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Kiana likes this.
  19. Kiana

Yaas today I was driving behind a log truck and thinking of these movies

CarpetElf and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  20. [​IMG]

21. Kiana Jun 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 24, 2019)
    Kiana

Lmao in this episode of ER they still haven't realized he was hit by a bus. Well I cant remember if it was a bus or a large vehicle but the best part was that it kept honking before it hit him LIKE YOU'RE NOT A TRAIN U CAN STOP.

Edit: boop they found out and the scene was shot so weirdly I didn't think it was real

riotspray and irthesteve like this.
  22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Isn’t that like 90% of Life Itself?

23. Kiana

I do not understand this reference. Is it from an outdated sitcom or a terrible b-list horror? Because if not

giphy-38.gif

riotspray likes this.
  24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Life Itself is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It made me watch a pregnant Olivia Wilde get hit by a bus I think four times overall.

riotspray likes this.
  25. Kiana

Well now ur selling me

riotspray and imthesheriff like this.