Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 211

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. *Extremely Keanu voice*

"I love movies. Gosh I love movies. I love watching them, and I love making them."

coleslawed, imthesheriff and SpyKi like this.
  2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Gosh I love movies!

imthesheriff likes this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Davjs likes this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This video was recommended to me and I'm gonna need the internet to step AWF my man cause what they're gonna do is beat this into the ground and raise him on an impossibly high pedestal and the backlash will start and I will have to pick up the pieces!!

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

ooh

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  7. [​IMG]

CarpetElf and coleslawed like this.
  8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Not a huge Bradley Cooper fan. As a product of Clint Eastwood and Todd Phillips influence his ambitions have veered sharply from where I would have liked to see his talent go.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm not entirely convinced that he's a great actor. I have historically liked him in comedic roles but not dramatic

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Love him in Wet Hit American Summer but that’s it

11. Nathan

He plays a good asshole in those aughts comedies, Wedding Crashers/Hangover/He’s Just Not That Into You, and Wet Hot American Summer, and he’s been competent in a few dramas (Place Beyond the Pines is what I remember most), but I liked his directing more than his acting in A Star is Born

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

ASIB is my favorite thing he’s done by far. My excitement over this is more because I’m over Leo than I am a huge fan of him.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The reboot of All That came on after Friends. It's kinda cute but they made jokes about nobody knowing who billy ray Cyrus is which is kinda making me realize that the lil youths of today didn't even grow up on Hannah Montana cause they're all growing up on the YouTube. The youths who grew up on Hannah Montana are in college now.

14. coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The original All That made such obscure references to things that were mostly for adults and I always loved that. Having a small girl play Ross Perot repeatedly was just bonkers.

riotspray likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m only in if it’s about Olive’s parents.

18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I really really liked Easy A and everyone involved. Didn’t read the article but hope the original cast would return somehow

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Sounds like it would just have the school in common, which is a bummer.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

popdisaster00, Joe and imthesheriff like this.
  21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Gone in 60 seconds is on and I will watch it every time.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Morrissey

Trusted

A lot of people are mourning the death of movie theaters, but I am glad I don't have to drive two hours to see something that interests me.

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have seen maybe 3 movies in theaters in the last 5 years

24. Nathan

I love the movie theater. I love a big screen and amazing sound. I love a good crowd in a good movie. I love when I see a movie alone and the credits roll and I sit there re-adjusting to getting up and leaving the theater, and I love when I see a movie with friends and talking about it as we leave/get drinks/food whatever. I do think the theater experience is great for film (and also literal film, I love seeing special projection events), but recognize that it's almost assuredly inevitable that most people's home theater setups are becoming decent enough and movie theaters largely shoot themselves in the foot (AMC fucking stinks) so that a theater experience is on its way out. Not to mention the effect Disney has on midbudget movies (they bought space in the arthouse theater near me for the Force Awakens, taking up a spot for a potential mid-budget or indie movie, and I assume that's their operating practice going forward with their Avengers and such)