Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 209

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Exactly, it's a good aggregate for critic reviews. I'm always interested in the general consensus of reviews for a new movie. It's also good for checking what's in theaters currently, what's releasing this week, or what's coming out in the coming weeks.

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i've honestly never looked at the audience score on any site. People are stupid, i dont trust people (especially internet people)

ChaseTx and popdisaster00 like this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

So no one has to watch it, not that I figured anyone really would, here is review where they break down how cringy it is and plot points.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m afraid if I watch that my phone will be cursed.

coleslawed and irthesteve like this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

Haha their channel is great though, so worse case you'll get more of them recommended :-)

6. Dog with a Blog

Damn I did not realize A Hidden Life was shown at Cannes. Glad to see that’s finally done.

dadbolt likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Bummer that that article was last updated just a few days before Chernobyl premiered. Swap TD out for that in a heartbeat and the list is already infinitely better.

I wish they only included brand new shows instead of just new seasons as well, but quite a few of my new favorites were on there.

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  8. Yeah I don't have any opinions on the article either way. Definitely some good ones in there but I bet there are some major ones missing too

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

No Barry!?

riotspray and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm not sure the PFT joke is even a joke at this point

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this is so sad

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg this is why I have such a soft spot for child stars and also why I feel like celebs are extra susceptible to cults. Also RELATABLE:

"My heart broke when I realized that I was never going to experience the teen-movie happy ending with a group of friends in a Jeep on their way to the beach. I felt like I failed myself, and the tape that had started playing years before now started to play louder, faster, and angrier."

coleslawed and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  14. You’re right

riotspray likes this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I rewatched waiting last night for the first time in probably 10 years and wow does that not hold up.

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I unabashedly LOVE Waiting... But I also spent my teens and most of my 20s working in restaurants so...

Davjs likes this.
  17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

have you watched it lately? Tons of problematic stuff.

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Those early roles still define Ryan Reynolds for me in a bad way. I think Coming Soon is probably the only one I saw back in the day where he wasn’t completely unlikeable to me.

19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I think Buried is what won me over to realizing he can really act. But his project selection throughout most of his career mostly misses for me.

20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Oh I loved Adventureland, seeing him in a small role as a scumbag who doesn’t carry a movie with charm and snark was what won me over, Buried was the next step.

As a rom-com fan I knew he was funny and likable because of Definitely Maybe and the Proposal, but all the Deadpool/action comedy stuff he’s done mostly since then isn’t for me

ChaseTx and imthesheriff like this.
  21. He plays a sorta super-hero in a sorta rom-com in Paper Man. But it's basically just Deadpool with a cape.

22. Davjs

Trusted

You guys forgetting one of his best roles in Smoking Aces!?! It was when released he could probably do good in more serious/dramatic roles. It got me excited for Safe House with the combo of him and Denzel...but not so much.

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

dadbolt and Nathan like this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I saw it a few years ago and agree that it's problematic, but unfortunately most of the problematic stuff in that movie isn't far off from what actually happens in restaurants. Particularly older creepy managers trying to bang underage waitresses.