Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Deadpool was aight. Thought it was good and a lot of fun but man, people sure do love to put that movie on some mystically high pedestal.

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

They just announced it at WonderCon. My cousin is voicing the big bad

3. That's amazing!

Meerkat likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The concept is pretty cool. I'd rather play the Fatal Frame game about the same place though.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Mom wanted to go see Allegiant today, I won't turn down a free movie. It's not very good, but it is still worlds better than that abomination of a book. Don't think I've ever hated a book as much as that one.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. Meerkat

I liked Divergent but not enough to watch the sequels.

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Started rewatching The Office. Some of these early episodes were hilarious.

Dirty Sanchez and ChaseTx like this.
  8. ChaseTx Mar 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2016)
    ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

2016 movies I've seen so far in order of how much I've enjoyed them: Zootopia, The Witch, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Batman v Superman, Deadpool, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, The Boy. All decent to good

9. Garrett

I still need to watch CTHD. I loved that first movie so much when I was younger.

10. ChaseTx

It's best viewed as an entirely different thing. Michelle Yeoh is playing the same character and it references Chow Yun Fat's character a lot and the Green Destiny Sword is the central object, but honestly it could've been made with a different name and been an enjoyable modern martial arts film

11. Meerkat

I still need to see Zootopia. Might try and do that this week. Deadpool also.

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. ChaseTx

Zootopia is a must see

13. Garrett

Zootopia is fantastic. But it's not my favorite of the Disney Revival era.

14. ChaseTx

true, I probably like Tangled and The Princess and the Frog more

15. Garrett

For me, Wreck-It Ralph and Big Hero 6 are the cream of the crop. I've actually not seen The Frog Princess yet. Tangled was ruined for me by a friend group in college who watched it 30-40 some odd times in one semester.

16. ChaseTx

For some reason I thought Big Hero 6 was Pixar. That's up there too. Wreck It Ralph is great, though I may have seen it too many times. Tangled is high because Mandy Moore is delightful.

Garrett L. likes this.
  17. Garrett

I don't think I'll ever be able to not associate Mandy Moore with A Walk To Remember. My mom adored that movie, and so did my first girlfriend. I think I actually still have the soundtrack on my iPod just for that song she sings in the play. She's got a perfect voice.

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. phaynes1

Regular

Like that she's dating the dude from Dawes now

19. Meerkat

Lots of things in this thread relevant to my interests right now haha.

Love love love love love Mandy Moore. Would love to hear her pop up on the next Dawes record for a harmony or two. Also would love another album from her. I'll even take one song at this point.

Big Hero 6 is an amazing movie. I love how this movie addressed grief and even the idea of found family. Loved Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, and The Princess And The Frog. And I do have to give love to Frozen. I think I'm the only adult who's not burnt out on anything involving that movie.

ChaseTx and Garrett L. like this.
  20. Garrett

I love Frozen. In small doses. Well apart from each other.

ChaseTx likes this.
  21. Meerkat

No breaks needed for me. I could spend the rest of my life with it on a loop and would never be upset. I have an unnatural amount of love and feelings for that movie

22. ChaseTx

my thoughts on Mandy Moore can be summed up as :hearteyes:

I have a six year old daughter, so obviously I've seen it many times. It's a good one though.

23. Meerkat

How much fun is it watching Disney movies you loved and grew up with with her?

24. Garrett

My "endless loop" movie outside of Lord of the Rings is incredibly embarrassing and won't be mentioned. O:-)

25. ChaseTx

Definitely enjoy that, but she is usually resilient when I suggest a movie. She watches what she wants, when she wants, haha.

I've started saying no to YouTube more often though. That girl watches too many shark videos and makeup tutorials