Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 197

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ahahahahaha oh my god. I had no idea the references were that out of control. I loved their kid stuff but I fell out of following them around this time. Now I need to see the whole thing. Incredible.

Kiana likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg a while back I live posted my thoughts rewatching it on Netflix in the Netflix thread and it was a wild ride

Mary Kate's entire plot is trying to get to the video shoot of a simple plan concert it is riveting

supernovagirl and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I have no idea how I missed that back in the day. I definitely thought she was just a generic “rocker” like in so many other movies of that era. That plot is insane.

Kiana likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I had no idea simple plan was in a movie and wow. That is fantastic.

supernovagirl and Kiana like this.
  5. Kiana

Like don't even get me STARTED on the iconic impact simple plan has had in media

ChaseTx and supernovagirl like this.
  6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Hahah ok yesss lmao I was gonna say the whole point of that movie revolves around simple plan and yet it was so under the radar somehow??
    Also lmaooo that version is having a reprise rn due to Tik tok a whole new generation is enjoying it

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. Kiana

My mom just text me that we should see some Tim Burton dumbo movie, implying that I've ever expressed some sort of interest in tim Burton or dumbo or Disney in general and I never have so I am ?????

The fact that I didn't know there was even a Tim Burton dumbo movie coming out shows my interest level in this lmao

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It has Daniel DeVito

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Kiana

Omg I just googled and it has Colin farrell too so I am SOLD even tho I always hated Dumbo

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

How can you hate a sad elephant

You're basically saying you hate me

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Wait nevermind, i answered me question

14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm not super into Dumbo but Disney does pretty well with me usually

15. Kiana

I don't even remember the plot of the movie except that it always made me uncomfortable as a kid like there were creepy vultures or something and a circus which is creepy in itself!! And the old animation style freaked me out. Ungodly

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. ChaseTx

Not creepy vultures, racist stereotype crows

Or maybe both

CarpetElf and supernovagirl like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't remember anything about Dumbo but the new one looks good, I know Tim Burton gets a lot of shit, a lot of it deservedly so, but he's also one of the most important and influential directors

coleslawed and ChaseTx like this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Big Fish, Ed Wood, and Edward Scissorhands is quite the top 3 right there

coleslawed and SpyKi like this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Vultures were in Robinhood and Jungle Book.

Weren't they a parody of the Beatles or something?

20. ChaseTx

I don't know what Ed Wood is. But he did Beetlejuice and Batman Returns so

CarpetElf and Davjs like this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

His Sleepy Hollow will always be a favorite of mine. So well done.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Kiana

I don't think I've ever seen the jungle book. I do remember crows from dumbo so idk what vultures I'm thinking of if I haven't see jungle book lmao tho I do stan the old Robin Hood film but that movie is literally flawless so the vultures in that don't bother me. I'm picturing like vultures in a desert, or were the crows from dumbo in the desert?? Smh at my memory

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Batman Forever is a national treasure

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s one of the more influential directors of the past thirty some odd years, but I’ve never been a huge fan. His best stuff hasn’t been made in twenty or more years so I wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t that good either.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Dumbo was always too sad for me. I have cried watching the trailer almost every time I’ve seen it. If it gets great reviews I may have to try, but I’m worried it would destroy me.

Seeing him done up as a sad adorable clown is soooo perfect for me though. I have a lot of art from Brandt Peters and Kathie Olivas with a very similar surreal take on carnival tropes, and this version would fit in their world beautifully.