Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 186

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

if you’re not already following Lubezki on IG, you’re missing out.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

I’m not a fan of Smith’s movies but I’ve been a huge fan of him as a person for a long time and will pretty much see anything he does (except for Yoga Hosers). SModcast has been a huge part of my life for nearly a decade now.

Davjs likes this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey boi, what’s your avatar? Looks tight as hell.

4. Dog with a Blog

Just art from a local tattoo artist. I honestly wanna get it tattooed but, as much as I love her artwork, I’m not a huge fan of her tattoo work so I dunno how to approach that haha.

coleslawed and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I liked the idea of using Depp and Smith's daughter as a duo...like you could totally make some sort of Jay and silent Bob out of those two.

But yoga hozers.... ehhh... try again?

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess my main issue is that I don’t find him/them funny in the first place.

OhTheWater likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

I watched Jay and Bob last night on Netflix and hot damn does it still hold up. So ready for another one. The amount of cameos are amazing, so much talent is in that one movie lol.

I wonder if he can still pull some of that. 2 of the best cameos are no longer with us though....

Dodger likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't like this tweet. I don't know that I can refute it though

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and ChaseTx like this.
  11. Part of me agrees that Jake and Amy don't have the strongest chemistry but at the same time I don't think the show spends an exorbitant amount of time focusing on their relationship, which I am thankful for. Let it kind of be in the background, and keep focus on the group that is the B99 cast

12. Doesn't that just show that people can not have chemistry and still love each other?

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

I don't remember where I heard it, I think it was on a super old Nerdist Podcast, but Kevin Bacon was being interviewed and actor chemistry came up which Bacon immediately was like "Stop, I don't like when people throw that phrase around. When you say that, you are taking away the actors performance by saying they just have natural chemistry. If an actor can do their job, it will always show that they have chemistry."

I probably butchered the way he said it because its been years since I've heard it, but that was the gist of it and it's always kinda stuck with me. Thoughts?

14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I completely disagree that Leslie and Ben didn't have chemistry. The other ones aren't crazy, though. Chidi and Eleanor especially.

imthesheriff likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Who cares if couples have “chemistry”. They were loving and wholesome and devoted and supportive and that tweet is garbage.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Also Eleanor and Chidi don't really have prior romantic experiences

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know if that tweet is garbage.

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think putting weight on things like chemistry or how “sexy” or whatever a couple is is gross, especially when those are the examples given. There are so few wholesome couples around anyway, and the idea of “chemistry” goes really hand in hand with a lot of toxic TV couple tropes. I’m not even arguing whether or not those couples do or don’t have it, I just think that’s a bad conversation to be starting.

19. ChaseTx

It's very strange to me that there's a gender flipped remake of a 2000 Mel Gibson comedy coming out with a black cast/marketed to a black audience

20. Davjs

Trusted

eh, it's honestly just a good idea/plot device that gives lots of options for comedic scenes. I get what you are saying though, I just wouldn't think about it like that.

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That movie made me so angry as a kid.

22. ChaseTx

Yeah I get that it's just an easily adaptable premise. Just really weird when you think about it

Davjs likes this.
  23. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

What movie?

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I loved what women want as a kid but I also loved like every sucky movie that ever came on lmao. I was just reminiscing about all the terrible movies I watched as a kid cause I'd just watch whatever movie came on tv unlike now where I pick and choose with Netflix or based on the title on directv. It was like the wild west back then!!