Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 184

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Juno and UITA are great

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I remember Thank You for Smoking being pretty sharp.

Davjs likes this.
  3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Anyone watching Roswell, New Mexico tonight? I plan on catching it tomorrow. HUGE fan of the original in all it's cheesy, corny, glory.

4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I haven't seen juno in ever... I enjoy up in the air and thank you for not smoking

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

TYFS and Juno were good (it's been a long time since I've seen either though)

Casual is a good TV show

6. ChaseTx

I finally watched Creed last weekend and I've been listening to the score and it's so good

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I really don’t like Juno

Henry and imthesheriff like this.
  8. Morrissey

Trusted

Thank You for Smoking has the political edginess of a college sophomore who has skimmed through a few books. It thinks it is subversive by making a tobacco lobbyist the protagonist, but it never really says anything deep about the rot in our system. Juno is an attempt to package quirk and it is really close to unwatchable. Up in the Air is a shallow examination of the lack of morality of corporations that people added too much weight to because it came out during the height of the recession. Young Adult is probably his "best" movie, still with the same lame attempts at anti-establishment humor, but you really need to see Men, Women, and Children to see how bad he can be. A fairly young man warning about the horrors of cell phones and the Internet the same way an 80 year old who won't use their credit card on the Internet.

9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I like Thank You For Smoking a lot, but it is pretty shallow as far as a message goes, but it's entertaining and funny enough.

Juno is good for a watch or two, but I don't feel like it's worth coming back to.

I haven't seen his others.

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Yeah I was 14 or 15 when I saw TYFS, I doubt it holds up.

I don’t think I’ve rewatched any Jason Reitman movie, and haven’t seen a new one since Young Adult, which I did like. He works well with actors, I remember a lot of performances from his movies strongly. Particularly Jennifer Garner, Vera Farmiga, and Charlize Theron.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

I saw TYFS for extra credit in AP Government. Haha

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

Thank You For Smoking is a well written and acted movie that's just entertaining, which is the point of it

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Men Women and Children is pretty bad but Labor Day might be Reitman's worst.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

ChaseTx, CarpetElf, aoftbsten and 2 others like this.
  16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Issa Rae has one of the most beautiful smiles/laugh ever.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  17. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Anybody in here watch A Million Little Things?

18. Morrissey

Trusted

"Fever dream" has become the worst phrase to see in a review. It is used as the worst kind of catch-all for anything with vivid imagery.

CarpetElf and OhTheWater like this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh my god what the fuck did they do to Slant

TJ Wells likes this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Do you even need to watch this trailer or does the title alone get you in a seat?

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Title had me interested, finding out it was Sam Elliott starring and support from Caitlin Fitzgerald, Ron Livingston, and Larry Miller got me to full commitment. The trailer actually being amazing is just icing at this point.

22. domotime2

Deep Impact > Armageddon all day every day..... it kinda drags in the middle part a tad as they do a montage to show time spanning... but overall it's great stuff.

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

fuck right off with that nonsense. Armageddon is a cinematic masterpiece

24. domotime2

Armageddon is great too. It's hard to choose. I just love the deep impact tone and the "lottery" aspect is great.

but the overall presentation of Armageddon is legendary stuff. Hmm maybe it's cause i've seen Armageddon 1000000 times and deep impact only like 64

Davjs likes this.
  25. ChaseTx

Armageddon tired of this discussion

coleslawed, CarpetElf, Dodger and 2 others like this.