Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 178

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

movies being a social activity never quite made sense because you're silent for 2 hours, I guess people like to talk about movies right after but I usually need time to process
    it's also so nice to not have to worry if someone else will dig it

2. Dog with a Blog

I go to movies alone 90% of the time but if it’s a movie that I know someone else is hyped for as well, I like to take them so I have someone to discuss it with right after.

3. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

If I’m with someone else how much I think they are or aren’t enjoying it can influence my opinion or I feel like weird shame for liking something if the other party is bored or w/e

Comedies/hate watching bad movies is fun in crowds but everything else I would 99% of the time rather watch by myself if it’s my first time seeing it

4. Dog with a Blog

Omg totally. I have shown people movies that I absolutely adore and if I can sense that they aren’t enjoying it I become filled with anxiety lol

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The classic “we can watch something else.”

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

like imagine watching Sorry To Bother You with someone, like an 80% chance you'd have to say sorry as great as that movie is

ChaseTx and Dog with a Blog like this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

I took my friend to see Personal Shopper and about 40 minutes into the movie I could tell she was just not into it at all. I still loved it but I also couldn’t wait for it to be over haha. Although, I had also tried showing this same person The Witch and we turned it off cause she was bored so lowkey my fault tbh.

yung_ting and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Movies alone is so much better.

9. Dog with a Blog

I think the biggest gamble/best payoff ever for me was showing my mom both Days of Heaven and Tree of Life and she liked them both. This is truly incredible if you knew my mom.

TJ Wells likes this.
  10. Me when I read the title: omg he's right

Me three minutes in: omg he's annoying

re: tone discussion few weeks back

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Sarcastic characters with dark hair are goth?

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Idk I stopped watching three minutes in

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]
    Best goth cartoon girl, I know she was a theater kid don't at me

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Wow

15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw an article that the league might come back, that would be awesome

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m thinking this year it’s finally time for a new TV. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 4K tv? I was looking at Smart TVs, and it looks like a lot of them have apps downloaded on there already I’m assuming. Like Netflix, Hulu etc. that would be swell so I don’t need to get a roku for my non PS4 tv

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My roommates and I have a 55" TCL 4k Roku TV and it's overall pretty good and affordable for the quality. Works with Netflix, Prime, Hulu and most other apps.

Before that, we had an awesome, awesome 65" Vizio 4k M-Series smart tv. We eventually had to return it because we could not afford it, but it was probably my favorite thing ever for about a month (another tip: Walmart has a pretty solid 90 return policy). Basically like a movie theater in my living room.

EASheartsVinyl and Cameron like this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok. Awesome thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of checking out either Walmart or BB. Also yeah I’m thinking that 65” one. It also had apps like Hulu, and Netflix installed?

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea it had Netflix and Hulu preinstalled. It also has chromecast built in, so any app it doesn't have you can just cast it up from your phone, etc.

Cameron likes this.
  20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It would be cool if there was a thread for documentaries.

Have anyone seen the 1970 Woodstock documentary? It’s currently only $4.99 on iTunes but it’s 3hr 44mins. I’d like to hear some reactions.

21. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

justin. likes this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I have the exact same TCL TV and I really like it. The loud remote is the only real issue with it off the top of my head.

Also I like going to the movies with people and by myself pretty equally. I don’t usually go with anyone I don’t know really well though.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

omg Topher Grace is making Christian movies, and also that girl from This Is Us, the guy from Sweet Home Alabama, Luke Cage and President Palmer from 24 what is going on

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

This is a cursed post and I haven’t even watched the trailer.

25. Dog with a Blog

PRAISE BE :praise::praise:

coleslawed likes this.