Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 174

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

yay elsie fisher nominated!!!!

imthesheriff likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

people are having a discussion about actors they don't like and I just really dislike those discussions because it's never for a good reason imo. Like people don't like Zooey Deschanel or Zach Braff or whoever and I think they're great. There's no actors I really dislike for reasons other than being a shitty person irl

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Me with Tobey Maguire (though apparently he is a bit of a dick in real life)

People hang onto their first impressions of actors forever, whether it was a bad movie or just a performance they didn’t like. Said as someone who has been defending Kristen Stewart’s acting ability since 2007.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I don't think there's any actor that I've never liked a performance by

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Yeah Molly's Game made him look very bad

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I totally own that I dislike celebrities for the stupidest reasons

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Jeremy Renner and Bradley cooper always top my list. Not cause i think they suck..but I haven't liked most or any if their movies.

Actresses? I'd have to think about it

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

the closest I get is someone like Jennifer Lawrence, but it's not that I don't like her or anything. I just think she's overrated

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't like Bill Cosby

imthesheriff and ChaseTx like this.
  10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I mean Zach Braff is just kinda lame.

11. Morrissey

Trusted

This is my third time watching the entirety of the Larry Sanders Show, and I am starting to think it may be funnier than Seinfeld. The only problem is that it is even more dated than Seinfeld; if you didn't know the celebrities, half of the comedy is lost.

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Larry Sanders is one my all time favorites, I assume "It's Gary Shandling's Show" is also worth my time?

13. Morrissey

Trusted

It isn't on the same level, but still very good.

riotspray likes this.
  14. stevewonders

The Equalizer

Currently watching Narcos season 3.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

irthesteve and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Is it really necessary to start promoting a film 15 months in advance?

18. irthesteve

Yes

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Doesn't Disney usually announce things at least that early?

20. irthesteve

Yes, we already have release dates for Mulan, Maleficent 2 and Jungle Cruise which are all after the release of Onward

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Just because it's the standard doesn't mean it's necessary.

I'm just wondering from a financial standpoint. Does marketing for 15 months really garner that much more money at the box office than if they only marketed for half that time?

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Is posting a tweet announcing the name of a new movie really considered marketing or costing them anything? Unless they're marketing it more than that tweet, I don't really see any issue.

ChaseTx and coleslawed like this.
  23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I do kind of wish I could live in the world again where you didn’t really know a movie was coming until you saw a trailer for it.

But I don’t, and I’m fine with that.

Davjs likes this.
  24. I don't know if or how studios communicate behind the scenes, but publicly announcing a new movie + release date could signal to other studios to either not use that release date or risk the competition. Studios have to plan their release schedules way ahead of time. It's like a chess game sometimes ha.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I like having stuff to anticipate and be excited for that I'll forget exists until the week of

ChaseTx and imthesheriff like this.