Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 172

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Every scene with the baby on the beach is terrifying. The concept of that idea to even put that in the film is the scariest thing in years to me.

3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

And the movie is a great comment on the current culture for women. It’s scary as hell.

4. Dog with a Blog

Yess. The baby on the beach is so unnerving. Whenever I listen to this score I feel super cold and isolated. Kinda places you right in the mindset of the main character

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Do you watch Black Mirror? Because the episode Crocodile reminds me a lot of that scene. It’s primarily the setting, but the dread and guilt is all over it. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was an influence.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, I can’t belive how sympatico we are are most shit. But you hate Alien: Covenant and I don’t understand why. Love it!

Cameron and Dog with a Blog like this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

I’ve seen episodes but I haven’t sat down and watched the whole thing

8. Dog with a Blog

Dino....plz...dun do dis

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I absolutely LOVE the universe Ridley Scott has created in the Alien franchise and Fassbender’s different roles are fascinating to me. There are things I can understand not liking but the vibe and production design and tone that’s there is so interesting to me.

Davjs likes this.
  10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Like, the criticisms of dumb decisions by the characters doesn’t vibe with me. In horror movies, people should just leave instead of going back to the creepy house and opening the basement door. They HAVE to make bad decisions. That’s how the plot develops.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Makes me think about how Sunshine is a top five sci-fi movie of the last 20 years.

12. Dog with a Blog Nov 28, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2018)
    Dog with a Blog

I think Scott is great at crafting worlds that feel real and lived in but I don’t think that’s enough to carry a movie. Like, despite all of its problems, and there are many, I love Prometheus. It’s dumb and silly and has all these inconsistencies, but at the same time it’s just fun to watch and so entertaining to me. But it’s biggest advantage is that it just tells an A -> B story. It’s simple and it works. Covenant, on the other hand, has absolutely no idea what it is. Is it a Prometheus sequel? Ehhh I mean yeah, technically. Is it an Alien reboot? Ehhh yeah I guess. In trying to do both, it succeeds at neither. The most interesting part is the 5 minute flashback when we see Shaw and David. That should have been the whole fucking movie! We don’t need another xenomorph on a ship movie. But a proper sci-fi sequel to Prometheus would have been cool. Show me that. So on top of messy storytelling you still have all the bad stuff that came along with Prometheus like dumb characters and weird shit that make no sense and you can’t even forgive it cause nothing that’s happening around it is interesting. I haven’t seen it since theaters so my memory is a little fuzzy and I’ll never watch it again but god, I fucking hate Alien: Covenant so much. Easily one of the worst movies I saw last year. I’m sure I have more fleshed our thoughts in the official thread from when I first saw it.

coleslawed and DarkHotline like this.
  13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm going to take all of this in and will possibly watch the movie again and respond tomorrow!

14. Dog with a Blog

Hey man, if you like it you like it! It just ain’t for me or anyone ;)

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Barry Lyndon is such a beautiful movie

SpyKi and Dog with a Blog like this.
  16. DarkHotline Nov 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2018)
    DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

What I truly hate about Prometheus and Covenant is that Ridley ruined the mystique of the xenomorph. Like here’s this thing that works because of the mystery around what it is and he threw that in the trash with the worst origin story ever.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ll stan Prometheus and Covenant any day

Davjs likes this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

They’re well made modern sci fi horror

Davjs likes this.
  19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Wonder if Disney will allow another Alien to be made....

Prob not.

20. Liked Prometheus but was super bored with covenant

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

There's a bunch of Kubrick movies free on Amaon Prime right now and it's next on my list! I just need to find three hours to sit down and watch it.

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Just noticed that the other day and it made me so happy. Wish they had his full library but seeing Barry Lyndon and Paths of Glory streaming again was awesome.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Timmy!

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

NICE

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious