Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 121

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh yeah

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've been bored and watching a lot of t.v. and I notice ppl often schedule dinner reservations for 8pm. I'm sorry that's madness.

coleslawed, Dodger and CarpetElf like this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I eat dinner no later than 6:30 esp when going out. I have these relatives who I love, but my God they always have us eat at 8:30!

4. Morrissey

Trusted

I almost never have dinner until 9 or 10.

Joel likes this.
  5. Kiana

I usually make dinner around 5-7 depending on my schedule but if someone asked me to wait to even meet at the restaurant until 8 I'd 100% have a pre-dinner.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I eat around 6 or 7, depends on if I'm doing something afterwards

and I know we joke about Logan Marshall Green and Tom Hardy but I legit thought this was a Venom trailer at first

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

My sleep/life schedule is so fucked that I don’t have any sort of eating patterns. I just eat when I’m hungry

suicidesaints likes this.
  8. I usually eat dinner at or after 8. I like to watch my shows while I eat.

9. Dog with a Blog

Lol is Refn being for real here? I never watched Only God Forgives, nor do I plan to, but to call your own film a masterpiece? Yeesh.

10. Incredibly guilty of this

11. Dog with a Blog

Lmao

12. I haven't seen Only God Forgives either, but I like his films and I'm sure he's definitely being for real haha. Not surprising that a guy that often makes pretentious work is pretentious.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  13. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

um

14. Morrissey

Trusted

I have been deeply critical of Refn's work, but regardless of that a director is better served by letting the public evaluate and re-evaluate their work. Terrence Malick disappeared for twenty years and his esteem only grew without him yelling about it.

15. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’ll give Ready Player One this: not many movies set in dystopian futures end with the upstart rebels winning power and deciding that their dystopia is basically fine, we just need to take a break from the internet every now and then.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I'm glad we got a happy ending
    Didn't we both lose family members and all our neighbors are still in abject poverty
    I said happy ending

FrankieThe4th, coleslawed and Nathan like this.
  17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Oh they aren’t in poverty, the protagonists win trillions of dollars and end the movie in a hip apartment with video game posters. It’s all the other millions nameless people living in the stacks who remain in poverty. With internet taken away two days a week.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

20. Kiana Apr 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2018)
    Kiana

This episode of Frasier is all too real. Niles has to adapt after his divorce and move out of his dream apartment for a dumpy one and I'm probably going to have to do something similar soon and am in denial so I'm watching like :verysad:

21. Dog with a Blog

FUCK. YES.

Cannot even put into words how excited I am to catch this on the big screen, and in 70mm no less. It’s amazing how good this thing looks today.

22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I hope it plays near me I have to see this on the big screen.

Dodger and Dog with a Blog like this.
  23. Documentary about Kubrick's collaborator, Leon Vitali.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

25. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Idk why but I’ve been in a body horror mood lately so I’ve been watching The Fly (1986) The Thing(1982) Scanners, Videodrome, and Eraserhead the past few days. Sci-fi and horror are my favorite genres across various media formats and it’s been great rewatching and seeing how well these movies hold up. The scene in The Thing where the doctor tries to shock that one guy back to life and his chest opens up and bites his arms off is an impressive feat of special effects. Also loved the stages Jeff Goldblum goes through in The Fly, his “evolution” is so cool and still holds up. When his nails and ear fall of is what really gets me.

Cameron and SpyKi like this.