Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 101

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

So basically, you get to the theater, select your movie and showtime on the app, then the price of a ticket gets added to your movie pass card and you can just swipe it at the kiosk? Do you go through the steps as if you were purchasing a ticket at the kiosk and then when it asks you to pay you just swipe your movie pass card as your debit card?

suicidesaints likes this.
  2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

the only only only downfall is that it makes going to the movies less exciting....if that matters to you. It could to some people, for those who look forward going to the movies.

3. Dog with a Blog

I haven’t used it at a kiosk, but I get to the theater, select a showtime on my phone and check in, then I just pay at the box office as if it was a standard debit card. Haven’t encountered any issues.

I’m seeing more movies than when I worked at a theater. Which I guess makes sense cause I basically lived there, but still

4. domotime2

yup. you use it as a credit/debit card. you can use it at a ticket printing kiosk or with a human being.

It's like a credit card..but the balance is already paid for.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ok cool, that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Seems simple enough.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah only issue is you have to use it at the theater and hope it isn't sold out

7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Moviepass has been awesome. Basically if I have nothing to do, I go check out whatever is in theaters. It's a great way to support more original or small time films.

Joe, Bloodsucker II and domotime2 like this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

Yep. So far this hasn’t been an issue but I know it will be eventually. There is a theater about ten miles away that allows for the E-ticketing option, meaning I can just get the ticket from home, but I have like 4 theaters that are closer than that so I take my chances

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I wish Moviepass was a thing here.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh no that's a very long time

11. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Lena Dunham defending “Girls” writer...

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Cuz Lena Dunham is really the person you want on your side if you're accused of sexual misconduct.

a nice person likes this.
  13. Got AMC Stubs Premiere ($15/yr) in February for its Best Picture Showcase promo, and it's been pretty good since. Apparently, AMC wants nothing to do with Moviepass, though--it already doesn't count MP purchases towards earning Stubs points. Regal Crown Club, on the other hand, does, so I was planning on switching to that once my Stubs expires in a few months. This MP $90 for a year, though. And lol at "Offer valid until it's not." I might have to sign up ASAP. My Stubs card is still about 4,000 points ($40) until the next $5 reward; might be a good time to switch to MP/Regal combo. What kind of sucks is Burbank alone has three AMC theaters for me to choose from, so chances are at least one of them is showing the movie I want to see, whereas there's only one Regal Cinemas nearby.

14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I love my local Regal. The crown club is free and movies are $4.50 if you go before 4PM (which I always do to avoid teenage crowds)

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't use my rewards card with Moviepass because it feels like theft

domotime2 and suicidesaints like this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

well I had a bad Moviepass experience, I went to see Lady Bird and the app wouldn't load and then I reset it to see if that help and it won't let me log back in, it seems silly to complain because you know it's still saving me money and I got to see the movie, I just paid with my credit card so no biggie, but still kinda sucks

17. Kellan Nov 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2017)
    Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I'm watching Night of Too Many Stars on HBO right now and it's kind of a disaster.

Edit: I urge everyone to watch this at some point. It is such a trainwreck, I'm stunned.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  18. I think with Moviepass I'd be more likely to spend on concessions, which I'm guessing is where theaters get most of their money anyway.

19. domotime2

AMC stubs got me pissed when they went from normal to "premiere". It was another step, they complicated things, and it was just a tad more annoying when i decided to stop.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

holy fucking shit Laura Dern in a Noah Baumbach movie!!!!!!!!!!!!1

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

goddamn Uma

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

She's the best

23. Dog with a Blog

24. Morrissey

Trusted

I always show Anchorman on non-work days at school, but for the day before Thanksgiving I showed Talladega Nights instead. I had not seen it since it came out. While Anchorman is still very funny, Talladega Nights is too long and not particularly funny anymore.

Mudbound avoids a lot of the histrionics that can be expected, and it has a degree of genuine emotion to it. The competing storylines leads to a lack of narrative focus, as one of the characters who is supposed to be significant for returning is someone that has barely been mentioned at all.

Good Time is an interesting take on the bumbling criminal, but it does not ever find the proper line between comedy and drama. The first half is much more closely focused, while the storyline of the Sprite bottle and the mistaken identity makes it almost an entirely different movie.

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Decades from now, everyone will still be talking about the Boss Baby. Mark my words.