Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 100

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Sidebar: the Meyerowitz stories is like a great minor eighties woody movie minus any creepy stuff with young girls, if you still look for that fix like I do.

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I liked Blue Jasmine more than Midnight in Paris. Then learned about the allegations and avoided his work for awhile. Sat through Cafe Society, which was brilliantly shot but had little else going for it, besides Kristen Stewart.

Aside from Kanye, Woody Allen has probably produced the most amount of work I’ve adored and cherished who I then learned had serious allegations about abuse of women.

3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

There are still musicians and filmmakers and actors and artists I loved as much as I loved those two, but since then I’ve become much more cautious about my relationship as a fan to someone who makes art I love. Particularly men. Which I’m sure is healthier.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

That was a pretty good movie, especially from late-period Guy Ritchie. I know a sequel's supposedly being written

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

at least Brad Renfro was really sweet

suicidesaints and Shakriel like this.
  7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Because 30 hours of film just wasn't enough.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen Nov 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

coleslawed and TJ Wells like this.
  12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Terry Crews names alleged sexual assaulter: 'I will not be shamed'

Terry Crews publicly named for the first time the high-powered talent agent he claims groped him at an industry party and said he would "not be shamed" about the alleged assault.

"Back in February 2016, I was assaulted by Adam Venit, who is head of the Motion Picture Department at William Morris Endeavor, one of the biggest agencies in the world, period," Crews, 49, said today on "Good Morning America." "He’s connected to probably everyone I know in the business ... I did not know this man. I have never had a conversation with him, ever."

13. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

And now Al Franken.

14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i think it's important that we dont put everyone in the same bag here. I feel like that's happening here. For many many many many many many many of these instances, I put the blame equally on us as a society as i do the perpetraitor. In extreme cases like Spacey or weinstein and what's going on with Haim, it's important that those instances aren't lumped in with the likes of someone like Franken or what have you.

We are all to blame for this stuff and i think going forward it's going to get better

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Moviepass dropped their price for a limited time.

irthesteve and aoftbsten like this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Got an email about that yesterday. Pretty awesome.

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

irthesteve and domotime2 like this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

So I feel like I absolutely have to get this now.

20. Dog with a Blog

It’s a lump sum annual purchase to get the price cut, but it’s still worth it imo

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I just purchased the year subscription deal. Hopefully it doesn't take super long for my card to get here.

Joe and Bloodsucker II like this.
  22. Welp, I signed up for a year lol.

23. Dog with a Blog

I’ve seen five movies in the last week and a half. It’s great

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

hahahta WHATTTT IS THIS BUSINESS MODEL!!

and yes, its definitely getting me into the theater a lot more. If there's a movie i'm remotely considering I just go now

25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, usually I only go to moves now if it's something I'm really interested in. But I feel like once I have my card, I'll go see movies that I might just be sort of interested in. I'm excited.