Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Just like for the thread in the music forum, this is a general chat thread for any and everything related to the movies, tv, gaming, pop culture, etc.

Febriyanto, miladrock and Marvel like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Oladamats and Garrett like this.
  3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Friday night I watched The Lion King 1 1/2 for the first time in a while. Love it as a companion piece of The Lion King.

4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I've been watching S2 of Daredevil this weekend, it's been good but I'm not sure if I like it better than the first. Love the addition of Elektra though.

miladrock and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I have not been able to get into Daredevil, which is weird because I love the character and even enjoyed the Affleck movie (granted I was 13).

miladrock likes this.
  6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

There's some good stuff in the movie, been years since I've seen it though

Season One was really good, D'Onofrio was fantastic

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

10 Cloverfield Lane was really good

8. Meerkat

I'm addicted Off Camera with Sam Jones. Dude is a great interviewer. I love that there's no pre-show interview and how he tends to get very elaborate answers and asks questions in ways they aren't normally asked

9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What kind of question of the days would you guys like in here?

Harry likes this.
  11. Meerkat

Maybe some fun random stuff like "Who would win in a pie eating contest: random character from xyz or random character from xyz?" I think we can definitely have some fun with these

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Unstickied some threads. Going forward we are going to just keep the chat thread and QOTW stickied.

morgantayler and scott like this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'd be interested in doing an "of the month" type theme where we have a discussion about a director or actor and their films for a month

14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

what happened to the flash and arrow this week man? zzzz

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think this could be a great idea. I think we might have to do more mainstream artists until the site grows a bit. Totally down for that though.

First up, MICHAEL BAY. Or someone who is actually qualified for critical discussion. Maybe Kubrick? He's my fave.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ya, mainstream is perfect for me as well. Someone like Bay could be viewed under a different lens

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Getting ready to watch The Big Short, hope it's as good as I hear it is. Btw, really like the layout of these forums.

Nate_Johnson and Jason Tate like this.
  18. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Took my sister to see the new Divergent movie, it was so bad. Oddly enough, I got her into the movies because I read the books and brought her with me to see the first one, but this series just took a turn for the worst after that one.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. DarkHotline

Someone was explaining the story of that whole thing to me tonight, sounds cool but not sure if I'd actually watch the movies or read the books.

20. Is this real? How have I not heard of this until now. Haha.

21. Ugh. Made the mistake of watching the first two and turned it off midway into the second. So bad.

I saw the Maze Runner and actually liked it so I thought maybe this would be good. It was not. Haha. Those Maze Runner movies are surprisingly pretty good though.

22. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Seriously this overtook The Forest as the worst movie I've seen this year. I could at least laugh at how bad that was. Allegiant just wasn't enjoyable at all.

I really like the first Maze Runner movie too, still need to watch The Scorch Trails, though.

YA novel adaptations are so tricky. If you get them right they can be ridiculously successful but they can also quickly become dumpster fires. If the Twilight books hadn't been as popular as they were, that series could have easily been a disaster. None of the movies were particularly great but they did the job and the fan base pulled them along.

23. @morgantayler

The animatronic baby is still the creepiest thing I've ever seen on Google.

miladrock, Harry and morgantayler like this.
  24. DarkHotline

Ah, The Forrest. It exists because we never not have enough films about scared white girls in spooky Japan.

miladrock and ChaseTx like this.
  25. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I just realized the only movies I've in theaters this year so far are Allegiant, The Forest, and Deadpool. :embarrassed:

I liked Deadpool, though.

patricia vidal and NYCE like this.