Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Enter Shikari - "The Spark" (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MexicanGuitars, Aug 1, 2017.

1. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

This is easily my favorite Shikari album.

2. lightning

absolutely love:
    - the spark
    - the sights
    - live outside
    - shinrin-yoku
    - undercover agents

i like all ES albums pretty good, not sure what my favorite is though.

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Doing a live listen together with my bud right now whoooo

4. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm about to start and I'm a bit hesitant. I'm not averse to poppy Shikari by any means but Flash Flood of Colour is still their pinnacle to me and it seems they really wanna get away from that direction. BUT I do think they are the type of band that can excel in many styles so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up really liking a much more poppy album anyway.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. Bane

The spiciest meme

Hey I enjoy it. I'm glad Live Outside is probably the weakest for me on the album, so it being the lead single got that out of the way for me to hear the rest of the album. Not that I don't still enjoy the song but I like the rest more. Particularly Rabble Rouser, The Sights and Take My Country Back. Last half of album also brings a lot more stuff in which is cool.

6. DannyZach

Trusted

Absolutely love the Sights,Live outside,Take My Country Back,Atoms and Ode....this is way better than Mindsweep for me already....that final last minute in Ode is fucking emotional

7. sawhney[rusted]2

Sadly I think this album is going to be completely overlooked but that's the way life goes I guess

8. DannyZach

Trusted

I can tell that this is probably my favorite Enter Shikari album now

9. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I just haven't been able to get down with much these guys have released since Common Dreads. I don't think this album is bad but it's so unbelievably clunky lyrically that it stops me from being able to enjoy it in any way

10. lina555

Regular

Just an incredible pleasure for the hearing.

11. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Even though this is probably my least favorite Shikari album I am really happy that so many others here seem to be liking it quite a bit. Never will fault this band for constantly reinventing themselves

SamLevi11 likes this.
  12. goosetoph

u wut m8?

This album is great. It would have been even better if they included Redshift and Hoodwinker. I added them to the album in my own iTunes with Redshift coming after The Sights and Hoodwinker coming between Take my Country Back and Airfield.

13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The end of "Take My Country Back" is so awesome

14. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This album flows really well. Excited for continued listens!

15. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

I had my first listen last night. They do a lot of new things for them and do it well. They've gotten so good at creating that "epic" sound and the softer areas are beautiful. Shinrin-Yoku was such an unexpected song. The only two I didn't immediately like were Take Back my Country and The Revolt of the Atoms.

truelovewaits likes this.
  16. DannyZach

Trusted

Day 4.....I absolutely love it.this is what I want to listening every day now.It just works so well

17. DannyZach

Trusted

Day 6 .....last two minutes in An Ode To Lost Jigsaw Pieces is my most favorite Shikari moment ever!seems like Iam only one here totally love this record ....well seems like Iam only one here at all lol

18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'm leaning towards saying Shinrin-yoku is their best song this band has done, or that and Undercover Agents should be the blueprint going forward.

Loving this album and listening to this every day, at least 3x a day haha

Smage likes this.
  19. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Shinrin-Yoku into Undercover Agents is phenomenal. They flow perfectly into each other and compliment each other so well.

20. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Undercover Agents is probably my favorite Shikari song. I'm still listening to this multiple times a day, it really really came out at the right time for me. A lot of the lyrical content is relatable on so many levels.

cubsml34 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  21. MexicanGuitars

The intricacies of this album are growing on me.

22. George

Trusted Prestigious

This is really really wonderful, love the lighter sound, they've managed this poppier sound organically, just feels super natural to them. The combination of Shinrin Yoku and Undercover Agents is something special.

Jigsaw Pieces is a classic Shikari closer too, just what i like to finish the album.

Hopefully people who think they're a bit of a novelty band give them another chance.

23. sawhney[rusted]2

My friend went to the acoustic show last night and the 2pm show at Rough Trade today...I'm super duper jealous...would really love to hear these songs live

But he got a copy of this on vinyl signed by the band for me so there's my consolation haha

smowashere likes this.
  24. DannyZach

Trusted

Happy to see some love finally! It's a great album

25. MexicanGuitars

While I don't care for the intro to Undercover Agents, I absolutely love the chorus