Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Enter Shikari - "The Spark" (September 22, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MexicanGuitars, Aug 1, 2017.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

1) The Spark
    2) The Sights
    3) Live Outside
    4) Take My Country Back
    5) Airfield
    6) Rabble Rouser
    7) Shinrin-yoku
    8) Undercover Agents
    9) The Revolt Of The Atoms
    10) An Ode To Lost Jigsaw Pieces (in two movements)
    11) The Embers

2. George

Trusted Prestigious

I love this band so much.

StevenW92 and cubsml34 like this.
  3. MexicanGuitars

I have to admit that for a pop song, this one didn't give me the immediate impact that Redshift or The One True Colour did. Reminds me more of the interim singles they released. They've never given me reason to doubt them before though, super excited this is coming out earlier than I expected! (breaking their January release trend every 3 years)

4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Love these guys. Can't wait to see how this album sounds. I LOVED Mindsweep.

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Lookinv forward to the album but I don't really like that song.

cubsml34 likes this.
  6. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Love this band, love this song. I thought the Mindsweep was a step back from Flash Flood and Commond Dreads, but this song has me excited for a rebound.

7. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Wow. I have not been paying attention at all since Flash Flood. Is this the sound they're going for now?

8. George

Trusted Prestigious

They're not really going for a specific sound. They have released three stand-alone singles after their last album that are not like the above song (or like each other).

They're a lot more experimental and varied than I think they get given credit for.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This band is better than they ever should be.

Very excited, but not the biggest fan of the new song. Redshift still blows me away, band has some of the best one-offs.

cubsml34 likes this.
  10. MexicanGuitars

How anyone could think that The Mindsweep was a step back is beyond me. I've had the outro riff to the Appeal and The Mindsweep II stuck in my head all day.

truelovewaits likes this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Fantastic album, I think it was held back a bit by the mixing (? I'm not well versed in production), as it doesn't pop as much as AFFOC

AshlandATeam likes this.
  12. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Yeah you can really tell when you put the songs in a playlist with their other work.

I'm a big, BIG fan of the band. The Mindsweep wasn't bad, but I don't think it quite holds up as well as their other stuff.

13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

So ready for this!

14. Crisp X Aug 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2017)
    Rou made some interesting comments about the album lately. Something about changing up the writing process by focusing more on melodies and on more direct and concise ideas. I wouldn't be surprised if they become even more popular with this one. I have a feeling it's gonna be their "Puzzle" (and not just because the intro instantly reminded me of Biffy Clyro).

15. Larry David

Mon the Biff!

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Mindsweep was easily my favourite full album of theirs. This is a bit of a step back but I enjoy it and I'm sure this will be just as varied.

truelovewaits likes this.
  17. StevenW92

Regular

Not big on the single but I'm sure this will be great.

18. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm not SUPER crazy about the song but it's alright and like people said, they're so varied that it def won't be indicative of the whole album

Still think Flash Flood of Colour is their peak but I enjoy all of their albums

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. Larry David

Mindsweep is what took them from a good band to a great band in my eyes. I'm hoping for another great record!

cubsml34 likes this.
  20. Larry David

Also, I've only listened to the single once, and it's been stuck in my head all day. That says a lot.

21. MexicanGuitars

For me it goes Mindsweep > CD > AFFOC > TTTS, and that doesn't even count how great the inter-album singles/EPs have been. What band releases such quality material in between albums on a regular basis? Also I love all those albums, TTTS being more of the outlier but still one of my most important albums of all time.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  22. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I feel like if you put their singles into a collection and call it an album, it'd be my favorite. Their one off releases are always essentially perfect.

sawhney[rusted]2 and cubsml34 like this.
  23. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

I think AFFOC and The Mindsweep are about even for different reasons. Only like a handful of Common Dreads songs. New song is decent, verses are kinds cool and I sing the chorus in my head at random points during the day lol

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Juggernaut is still possibly their best song imo.

25. George

Trusted Prestigious

Constellations for me. I'm a sucker for their big epic ballads - big fan of Adieu and Dear Future Historians too.

Destabilise is probably my favourite of their "heavy" stuff. Maybe.

SpyKi, cubsml34 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.