Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Enter Shikari - "Take To The Skies" 10 Year Anniversary Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Dec 13, 2016.

1. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Baltimore Sound stage has In Your Memory listed as the opener... Check your venues websites

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I'm assuming they're a local band. Chicago has one local band too.

3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Nothing on the Irving Plaza website. Then again they do an awful job promoting local acts on the bill.

4. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Yeah, that's probably all there will be, one local... Giving Shikari a long set... Maybe they'll do a DJ set too?

5. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Unless it's a well known act from the area like Old Wounds, This Is Hell, or United Nations.

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Just bought tix as a present to myself for turning in my final thesis draft! With the exception of 2014, I will have seen Shikari every year since '09!

Cgarnsay likes this.
  7. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

Enter Shikari
    Mothership
    Anything Can Happen in the Next Half Hour... (First time since 2014)
    Labyrinth (First time since 2013)
    Hoodwinker
    Sorry, You're Not a Winner
    Juggernauts
    Today Won't Go Down in History (Live premiere)
    No Sssweat (First time since 2012)
    Return to Energiser (First time since 2013)
    The Feast
    Jonny Sniper (First time since 2010)
    Adieu (First time since 2009)

Encore:
    Anaesthetist
    Redshift
    OK, Time for Plan B (First time since 2013)
    The Appeal & the Mindsweep II

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  8. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

That makes me so damn happy. A little surprised they completely omitted Common Dreads but that's okay.

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I know this is a Take to the Skies tour, but I was really hoping the Encore would have some stuff from their later stuff. Oh well.

10. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Didn't even notice Juggernauts in the set, oops

11. Behind the Barricade

That is an awkward setlist to say the least haha.

12. heaththehorizon

Regular

I really like the set and think it is fun and will def be the last time we will hear some of these songs. The order is a little clunky at parts but I am glad they're having fun with it and not letting it be a typical 10 year show.

13. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Anyone have a BAAO setlist?

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The Chicago show is sold out.

15. estacey99

[​IMG]

kidinthebushes likes this.
  16. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Solid opener, nothing announced for the Montreal show yet and it's on Tuesday...I know the promoter was actively looking for a local band though.

17. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Any merch table pics yet?

18. Behind the Barricade

smowashere likes this.
  19. MexicanGuitars

Show was a blast. 4th time seeing Shikari headline the Bottom Lounge and I believe this was the most passionate crowd yet. The band expressed their gratitude a couple of times for Chicago selling out and always being a good place to play. Also got to talk to Rou and get an updated picture with him for the first time since September 2009, haha.

Setlist was the same as before but with Zzzonked in and Hoodwinker out. Normally, I would have loved to have seen a new Shikari song live, but Zzzonked is a top 3 Shikari song for me and will always take it in the set over almost anything else

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  20. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Red Hymns (ex-Near Miss, A Day At The Fair) are opening the Irving Plaza show.

21. Zorlak

Crusher Destroyer Prestigious

I saw them last week in San Diego and we got Destabilised instead of Hoodwinker and for some reason Rou was just not happy to be there, he sang half the set facing the drums or amps and when he faced the crowd he had his hand in it's pocket and didnt say a word to the crowd, it was a letdown to see that, the rest of the band were doing all the talking and hyping everybody up.

22. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Doesn't sound like the Rou from last night... they were fucking amazing!

23. estacey99

Toronto got Torn Apart in place of Hoodwinker or Destabilise tonight

24. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Hey guys, what time has their shows been ending? I have a train to catch around 11:45pm that night but wanted to see if I have time to meet the band after the show. What time did it roughly end for you all?

25. MexicanGuitars

My show ended at like 9:30, Shikari started at 8. All ages shows in Chicago usually start pretty early though.

Edit: Also, Rou was hanging out before BAAS' set and doing an informal meet and greet, so you might be able to catch one or a few of the guys before their set too.

ChampsMusic likes this.