Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Enter Shikari - Nothing is True & Everything is Possible (April 17, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Feb 10, 2020.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Constellations is still my favourite song by them. I love the ending so much.

2. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Dude me too. I remember finding them and thinking I had found these unreleased secret songs and just enjoying them to full capacity. Could not get enough Shikari back then.

Actually listened to The Zone yesterday thinking we need to get it pressed on vinyl.

EDIT: I remember downloading Acid Nation and The Feast on limewire and the artwork was super compressed for The Zone and I thought the creatures were ducks instead of wolves and it was even more creepy.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. SpyKi

Tried The Spark again and it's just not for me at all. I don't dislike it as much as I did when it came out but I still think it's largely underwhelming and uninteresting. Shinrin-yoku is the only song I really like. I like The Dreamers Hotel way more than anything else on there already so hopefully it's just a one off disconnect for me.

Linton9488 likes this.
  4. Noradrenaline

Regular

I just realised that The Spark lacks that youthful spontaneity that their previous albums had. Especially the first three. Songs that could change in vibe completely halfway through, or multiple times even, and the campy humour. I'm talking about the Yabba dabba do one son's, the UNTIL WE'RE NOT's and all of The Jester, just to name a few examples. This one of my big reasons for loving this band; their silliness. Also, a shoutout to the old live shows with trampolines on stage and human pyramids in the crowd.

I have a feeling that we might get some of that youthfulness back on this one :-)

Linton9488 and SpyKi like this.
  5. SpyKi

Yeah maybe that's what I'm missing. Plus a lot of the melodies don't really work for me and it's usually the lines they repeat like 20 times that I'm not into, ha.

Linton9488 and Noradrenaline like this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The ridiculous switch-ups (UNTIL WE'RE NOT) were my least favorite aspect of the band and really hampered the songs on those earlier albums. They started to clean them up during the AFFOC-era (outside of sssssnakepit) or at least have them make more sense

7. BenSmith94

Trusted

I will fight anyone who doesn't rate Ghandi because that's what Ghandi himself would do if i'm reading between the lines correctly.

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Never really been into this band, but the new song is pretty good. Reminds me of Los Campesinos, especially the chorus melody.

9. Agreed. That's my main problem with Common Dreads overall, thought I've come to love this album since. Gap In The Fence has two switch ups, and while the first one is great (turning it into a dance banger is genius), the second feels unnecessary.

10. Seriously, put them into a playlist and this could almost be my favorite album

beachdude and Tomozaurus like this.
  11. Tomozaurus

Regular

This run is unreasonably good

12. You forgot the best of all of them

Vase Full Of Rocks and Rowan5215 like this.
  13. dandownunder

Gandhi is an all time Shirkari classic.

14. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I really liked The Spark.

15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

New song is the most interested I've been in this band since AFFOC

amorningofsleep likes this.
  16. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

17. Tomozaurus

Regular

A Feast For Orange Crows?

18. Okay they seriously need to bring that side project back!

19. The flashbacks this page is giving me right now:

I guess their Top Friends is how I found out about Fellsilent and Flood Of Red at the time!

20. Blainer93, AshlandATeam and beachdude like this.
  21. Rowan5215

another new one called "Thē kĭñg" leaked

Blainer93 likes this.
  22. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Really dope

23. Rowan5215

this song is... something wow

undecided on it, but AFFOC fans will have a good time with this one I reckon

Linton9488 and SpyKi like this.
  24. MFA Feb 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2020)
    MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Wow this is pretty unlike anything I've heard from them before. I'm really down for it RLAH

25. Feels weird to already have 2 songs and no music video yet