Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Enter Shikari - Nothing is True & Everything is Possible (April 17, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Feb 10, 2020.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Last album did nothing for me but this slaps.

SpyKi and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  2. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

This is great

3. This bit from a recent interview with Kerrang gets me so hyped

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

we got pre-orders

5. Noradrenaline

Regular

So what do we think will be the actual cover art? I’ve seen three different versions now. I realize that it will probably be the top left one, but I’d LOVE it if the vinyl had the top right.
    [​IMG]

sawhney[rusted]2 and beachdude like this.
  6. Rowan5215

really hoping it's top right, kinda hate the top left ngl

7. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Yeah, I saw different covers and wasn't 100% sure which one to use for the thread.

beachdude likes this.
  8. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

After shelling out for the CD repress prob gonna wait till the eventual tour for the vinyl

9. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

My friend used to purposely clap out of time whenever the song got played and it had a 100% success rate in screwing everyone else's timing up

Also this new single is the best Shikari song I've heard in YEARS and I'm real damn excited now

10. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

This and Stop the Clocks are absolute beasts of tracks. I hope the album is wild I’m all in

11. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Damn those exclusive preorders sold super fast. Anyone know what the white/gold vinyl was limited to?

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

13. BenSmith94

Trusted

After listening to that song, i'm ready to mosh in my bedroom/jump through a window/overthrow the government.

14. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

MEANWHILE

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Love the alternate vocals in the chorus at the part

16. Went on a dive through their discography today in celebration because it has been a while... Common Dreads is still my favourite, but wow is The Last Garrison such a good song

17. Rowan5215

HEADS UP AND THANK FUCK YOU'RE STILL ALIVE

"The One True Colour" through "Never Let Go of the Microscope" is a ridiculous run of songs for real

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's still my favourite album of theirs. This new song is great though.

Linton9488 and Rowan5215 like this.
  19. Rowan5215

I'd pretty much forgotten this band when The Mindsweep dropped, that or just really lapsed in fandom (didn't like AFFOC which I guess was a part of it, though I fucking love Rat Race so that wasn't the whole reason, idk). Anyway when it dropped I barely gave it any time and pretty much wrote it off - can't even remember listening to it for the first time lmao

When The Spark came out I got back into them *massively* and it's still my favourite for several reasons. Bit over the last few years I really got to rediscover Mindsweep as well and get to know how damn good that album is. I don't think it'll ever top Common Dreads for my #2, purely because CD hooked me from day one and I never stopped loving it, but every time I listen to it Mindsweep grabs me a little more

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

really dig the new song. excited for the album.

21. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Common Dreads was the defining album of 2009 for me. That summer was just non-stop Shikari. Definitely dropped off a bit after that, wasn't the biggest fan of AFFOC. Got back into them a bit with The Mindsweep but The Spark did nothing for me. Really enjoying this song though so fingles crossed

22. Noticing a pattern, as I also didn't really get into AFFOC. Barely any songs came close to Destabilise and Quelle Surprise. Thankfully they bounced back with the 2013 singles.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  23. Rowan5215

I love "Warm Smiles..." tho, and "Stalemate" is a lovely and underappreciated tune. otherwise, yeah, "Destabilise" crushes em all

24. SpyKi

Pretty crazy to see so many people not as into AFFOC. It's always been my favourite and the only other one that really comes close is Common Dreads.

25. SpyKi

Don't think I've ever heard those two, ha. I've only really listened to their albums, never spent any time with other singles.