Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Enter Shikari - Nothing is True & Everything is Possible (April 17, 2020) Album • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Feb 10, 2020.

1. yocoxy

Haha was just about to post the same thing

2. abear182

Regular

While I think they have brought out some solid albums over the years but for me nothing will beat Take To The Skies.

I think for me its more personal nostalgia.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Nah, it's a great album through and through.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

This album is really interesting. I thought this was an electro-screamo band but apparently they've evolved their sound.

Linton9488 likes this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Oh absolutely, listen to the last 2 albums, no screams

also, last 2 albums are fantastic

7. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Just finished Nothing is True and wow, every song had a unique identity. Dreamer's Hotel was a bop.

Checked out some of The Spark and sounds good too.

Linton9488 likes this.
  8. Linton9488

Regular

Enter shikari is probably my fave band at the moment. I'd recommend checking out their entire discography. For me, The Spark is at the bottom of their releases.

9. BenSmith94

Trusted

I'd argue The Spark might be one of their best efforts from a purely songwriting point of view. Shinrin-yoku, The Sights, Live Outside, Airfield and An Ode to Lost Jigsaw Pieces are all excellent.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'll never understand the songwriting arguments for the spark, so many of those songs feel woefully underwritten to me.

11. Linton9488

Regular

There's probably no other tracks on The Spark that I would go back to for a listen. All songs on Nothing are better than these in my opinion.

12. BenSmith94

Trusted

I still think The Spark has some of their best moments lyrically and nothing will change my mind. AOTLJP is arguably one of their finest hours.

Also, there are some songs on the new record which sound like they wouldn't be out of place on The Spark either (Crossing the Rubricon, Modern Living, Pressure's On) and while I like all of them, none of them (maybe Crossing the Rubricon) would be in the top half of songs on The Spark for me.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I think those songs take the sound of The Spark and add good melodies and song writing lol. Modern Living is easily my least fav on here and it would be one of the best on The Spark. AOTLJP has some really good moments but also some really bad lines. I do like overall idea of that song though, I just don't enjoy it all that much. Shinrin-yoku is easily the best on there for me.

Linton9488 likes this.
  14. Linton9488

Regular

Totally agree with you. For me The Spark for the most part tried really hard to be a great record. But it just wasn't, most of the tracks just missed that special something. Ironically, it just missed a spark. Nothing is True has great moments in every track and a certain uniqueness that The Spark doesn't capture.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Blainer93 likes this.
  17. BenSmith94

Trusted

Rou is a damn good person. I know it's said a lot, but he genuinely cares and obviously has done the required reading and learning.

smowashere and Blainer93 like this.
  18. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Just got my NITAEIP vinyl, are the liner notes where the lyrics are supposed to be supposed to be blank? Lol

19. BenSmith94

Trusted

I didn't get a download code with my vinyl, I swear The Spark vinyl I bought had one?

20. MexicanGuitars

I also received no download code

21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Modern Living and Pressure's On are better than 90% of the stuff on The Spark.

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

God T.I.N.A. is such a banger

24. It's seriously one of the best things they've ever written. So urgent and bouncy.

25. MexicanGuitars

Just played my vinyl for the first time and the interlude leading into TINA on side 2 is downright criminal

sawhney[rusted]2 and Blainer93 like this.