Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Enter Shikari – “Take My Country Back” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

AshlandATeam likes this.
  2. LightsOut

Regular

Great fuc...g song

3. WorseThanWords

This album is a strange one. I don't know where to place it...

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

It’s their best

AshlandATeam and Larry David like this.
  5. WorseThanWords

SamLevi11 likes this.
  6. Iamhollywood315

Regular

they listen to Anti-Flag while making this? also whats the background behind this song. They aint the ones living in a country run by Cheeto man.

7. WorseThanWords

I assume you haven't heard anything political going on in the UK.

Larry David likes this.
  8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Newsflash: The U.K. is pretty fucked too

9. Saephon

Regular

Great song. I still can't rank this album with their others, because when I go back and listen to The Mindsweep or A Flash Flood of Colour, I'm reminded of why those are masterpieces and what's missing from The Spark.

BUT then when I'm in the mood to listen to it, it's freaking amazing in its own right, and I do genuinely enjoy it for what it is. It just belongs in its own category, almost like it should have been considered a "Rou Reynolds" record, if not for the more-Shikari sounding songs like Rabble Rouser and Revolt of the Atoms.

tl;dr - this band doesn't write bad records, just different ones.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. WorseThanWords

I really don't think Mindsweep is that good.

I'd argue their best is Common Dreads or AFFOC

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’m curious as to why you think that. AFFOC to now has been incredible. We’re you not a fan of the more theatrical aspects of it?

12. WorseThanWords

Hmm...I don't think that's it. I like sections of Mindsweep, but the parts I keep colliding with are the lyrics that seem really ham-fisted and too on the nose when it comes to the politics. Myopia is my most hates song on that album.

The Spark has some great moments, but I wish it felt a little more energetic and grand. It would have been nice to have a real serious banger on that album.

13. LightsOut

Regular

Ive really like affoc but mindsweep didnt do anything for me.

WorseThanWords likes this.
  14. WorseThanWords

Agreed. I love Anaesthetist, Torn Apart and The Bank Of England, but everything else really didn't strike me.

15. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Mindsweep is my least favorite, the Spark is my favorite. I feel like sonically they've been moving in this (less heavy, more diversely poppy) direction for three albums, and hit a home run after a couple records of experimenting.

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is easily my least favourite ES record but I still like that they are experimenting.