Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Enhanced Search Options (March 29, 2018)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Jason Tate Mar 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2018)
    March 29, 2018 - 2:51 PM

I've added some enhancements to search around the website. On desktop, when you are visiting a specific forum and you click the search box in the upper right there's now a checkbox (defaulted to checked) that will make sure your search only runs in the forum you're currently viewing.
    Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 2.49.20 PM.png

This is usually what someone wants when they are searching in a specific forum, they're looking for either a post or a thread in that forum. However, if you'd like to search the entire site you can simply uncheck this box and the search will search the entire website. (You can also click More to go to the advanced search page with lot of different options for narrowing your search.)

This advanced search page was hidden on mobile before, however, I have added it to the action menu on all pages where it makes sense. (The action menu is the button in the upper right of the mobile view), clicking it now will give you a button for "advanced search" on the forums and in threads:

Image.png

This will allow you to do some more advanced searching to find exactly what you are looking for while on mobile. Search specific forums, search titles only, and perform "search by member" searches as well.

All in all, some smaller updates, but I think they will make the website better and searching even easier.