Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Encore Discussion Podcast • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. I use Omnifocus, I think Thomas uses Wunderlist. I usually recommend 2Do or Things for something less intensive.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  2. Nice, thanks. I don't like searching for apps. Feels like crawling through a minefield of 99 cent garbage.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I just took the concept the podcast talked about a few weeks ago, regarding the best 3 song runs in albums, and just made a 5 hour playlist of these 3 song runs for a friend and I's drive tomorrow. Really was interesting for me since she doesn't listen to any of my music so it was a neat balance of what are the best 3 songs runs in my opinion versus what are the best 3 song runs to get someone into the album/band.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Regarding that very long question about talking about smaller bands: it makes sense for you guys to talk about artists that are already popular because that means that other people will listen to the podcast. If too many teeny tiny bands get discussed, sure, they'll get some new fans, but the podcast will probably lose listeners if a half hour is given to Jank (for example) than Kanye West.

5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

People only listen for the Star Wars talk nothing else.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Haha, I actually started that Force Awakens podcast before I saw the movie and just shut it off.

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

fack using overcast with this podcast rules.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. reginaletsgo

Listened to the podcast for the first time and now I've been playing old NFG all day.. Sticks and Stones was life changing for 12 year old me. Good stuff guys!

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Funny, the thing that happened with the Hotelier on juno download happened to coheed and cambria with one of their afterman albums. I remember trying to find mp3's to all the 30 second clips put together and it got to the point where I made a few on Adobe audition lol

10. Jason, you mentioned Y: The Last Man a couple podcasts ago. If you haven't yet, check out Ex Machina from the same author. BKV is my favorite comics author.

In one sentence, Ex Machina is about a lackluster superhero (the one and only superhero in existence) who stops the second plane on 9/11 and as a result gets elected the mayor of NYC. The politics and complexity of the characters are just as strong as the excellent superhero antics. I love it.

Also, Bill Simmons should hire you as the second Tate. It can be a part-time gig!

bobby_runs and Jason Tate like this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Did I miss it or was there not a new episode this week?

12. We recorded, but wanna release it next week for the middle of the year feature. And it's got Yellowcard talk too.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. Ben182TX

@TheBenThomas

@Jason Tate and @Thomas Nassiff I didn't know where to say this about the bonus episode, but regarding your Pizza choices...my wife's favorite pizza is Pineapple/Pep and it is OKAY. Definitly better than Pineapple/Ham. Mushroom pizza is my jam 100%. I was totally expecting that your choices would not be the exact same as my wife and I's lol.

Thomas Nassiff and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

superstar, millionaire podcasters -- they are just like you

Ben182TX and Colby Searcy like this.