Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Encanto (November 24, 2021, Byron Howard and Jared Bush) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by blast0rama, Jul 7, 2021.

1. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

This holiday's Disney animated movie, from the directors of Zootopia and featuring songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda.

IMDB synopsis:

A young Colombian girl has to face the frustration of being the only member of her family without magical powers.

2. blast0rama

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. blast0rama

5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

well this looks excellent

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this certainly looking better than expected

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i mean... whoa. did not think reception would like this nice

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

tickets now on sale. i’ll see this tonight

10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Thought this was very good. Beatriz and Leguizamo are great. It is one of the most colorful, inventive modern Disney movies I can recall. I loved all of the minor characters.

I feel like the moral of the story gets a little convoluted and wraps up a little too cleanly. But still, very solid. Between this and “Tick Tick Boom” - a good two weeks for Lin-Manuel.

GrantCloud and Serh like this.
  11. Serh Nov 17, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2021)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, i really liked it too. about on par w/ raya for me. really hard to deny how delightful a lot of it was. forgot which songs LMM did, but i thought they might've translated better here than for in the heights (which i liked as well.) a couple contrivances (for one, mirabel and isabela reconciling was a bit too sudden for my liking) but this will likely feel like a breath of fresh air for a lot of people

Zilla likes this.
  12. Serh Nov 17, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 17, 2021)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

few more things:

- this will hit disney+ on christmas eve for those who’d rather wait to watch at home
    - the animated short before this was really nice. might be better than i think it is, seeing as people next to me were talking half the time it was on
    - glad to hear tick tick boom is good, also. that film was not high on my priorities if i’m being honest

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

How much you’ll enjoy “Tick Tick Boom” is based on how much you enjoy musical theatre. It’s definitely a movie made by a theatre dork for theatre dorks.

14. clucky

Trusted Supporter

This might be my favorite of the 3D Disneys. Had high expectations and even then was blown away

15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

movie was dope

oncenowagain likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Might catch this with the fam in theaters this weekend

17. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Saw this earlier today. It was good, but didn’t blow me away. Enjoyable though.

18. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

This is an all timer Disney for me, easily. Havent cried that hard and that many times since Moana.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah this was really good. The songs were all bangers too

20. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Saw it with my daughter and gf Friday night and it's great

21. michael_gatto

Trusted

Saw this today after work and loved it. Thought the message was relevant, Beatriz was truly fantastic, and the music was a lot of fun too. Very delightful time overall, made me tear up too a few times.

Loved John Leguizamo's character too, wish we got more of him.

22. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

This is really fucking good.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

24. michael_gatto

Trusted

I really love this. Watched it with the wife and kiddo tonight. Maybe one of my favorite of the recent Disney movies, which makes sense being from the team behind Tangled and Zootopia.

25. blast0rama

Really gorgeous and charming flick. Absolutely lush animation, and I loved the true lack of a "villain".

michael_gatto likes this.