Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emperor X Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

2. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

am taking a gr course right now and one of my poor (lucky?) classmates has to present on that / how the universe will end / etc.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

IT'S HAPPENING

TheBaroness and matthaber like this.
  4. cwhit

Emperor Y likes this.
  5. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

WOOOO

Emperor Y likes this.
  6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Hell ya

Emperor Y likes this.
  7. cwhit Aug 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2016)
    cwhit

okay i did it

also i don't know how i got 281k soundcloud followers but it happened lol

KennedyBN likes this.
  8. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

@cwhit you think a new record happens this year?

9. cwhit

it's done...all wait and see. i think BWM puts it out

KennedyBN likes this.
  10. Kennedy

How much are you anticipating this record my friend ;)?

11. cwhit

based on all the songs i've heard...quite a lot, haha. no clue what it's going to sound like though

12. cwhit

13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

This week sometime. Finally getting into this project this week sometime I promise!

14. cwhit

15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

rly wish i could get into this guy. whats his most accessible song/album? i listened to (erica?) western teleport and didnt rly like anything about it

16. cwhit

Did you watch live videos?

17. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

That is insane to me

18. cwhit

eh it doesn't surprise me at all, it's not an easy record to get into. that's why i encourage listening to live first, allows you to love the songs independently of the weird arrangements/production then that adds a whole new layer to it

SayHello likes this.
  19. SayHello

Regular

I saw him open for the Front Bottoms at Asbury Lanes all the way back in 2010 or 2011. Didn't know who he was at the time but he put on this best live show I had ever seen. Came off the stage and made all 100 of us make a circle around him, before we knew it, we were chanting Allah Ahkbar, a chorus to one of his songs, as he played the acoustic guitar. I met him after to express my awe, and he was an extremely kind and nice person, I wish we could've talked more. Although I have a hard time getting into recorded versions of his songs, I'll never forget that night - and especially, his performance.

20. cwhit

yup. that's basically how i feel about him to a t. the performance i saw changed everything for me and what i thought about music as a whole. incredibly important artist, only known about him for a year and a half but i feel like it's been far far longer

SayHello likes this.
  21. SayHello

Regular

With social justice issues being increasingly important to so many millennials today, and I say this in pure sincerity, I'm very surprised he doesn't have a bigger following. His message is just so on point.

22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

No. But I will

23. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

this is sick!!!!! i listened to it when you sent it to me but it's good to re-listen

also omg howwwwww @ that follower count pls premiere my music when i'm done with it

24. cwhit

i think 99.99% of them are bots lol. though a bunch of the stuff i've posted has like a bunch of views so it must do something, haha. it started one day getting a ton of follow notifications, and kept going for like two months haha. maybe one of my old writers bought it followers or something, i know one of the dudes would totally do that. it was like magic

25. Kennedy

i really enjoy Western Teleport. it definitely didnt click right away, but i love it now. Thanks cwhit for making me listen to it.

im excited to have a studio version of Wasted On The Senate Floor. I always wonder if in a studio version, if there will be a guitar playing the riffs he calls "guitar solos" in the live video lol