Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emperor X Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. scyllarecords

2. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Has he mentioned anything at any of his shows about a new record? Seems like he's been recording something.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

The whole time on tour the reason for being in the US/having such an inconsistent tour schedule was because he was doing three/four days of shows weekly and two/three writing/recording. By end of the tour he was doing mostly new stuff. Of course you have no clue how any of it sounds, so...haha. The cancer song is amazing and hope it's on it, I know he has a final version of wasted on the senate floor that better be on something...I would expect a new record this year

He told me he's in talk with some labels, one that fit his mentalities a lot better...wonder if Derrick is helping out, maybe Topshelf

4. scyllarecords

So the question is... do you think he'll ever get across the wonderful-ness of his live show onto his records?

5. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

I think Western Teleport is a near perfect indie rock album and I love how different the songs are live. It's like getting a second song haha

cwhit likes this.
  6. cwhit

I think he has, in Western Teleport. That record is unreal good and is probably a top 5 all time for me at this point after only a year with it.

I do think however that you need to look at his recorded material and his live performance as two separate entities of the same artist. The recorded stuff is full of experimentation and really in-depth arrangements, while the live stuff is more passionate and raw and full of energy

7. scyllarecords

OK... so maybe I should have phrased that different. I didn't mean to make it sound as if his albums weren't good. I guess I was asking, do you think he will release a studio that is more in keeping with his live show?

8. cwhit

I personally don't. I think he's a studio hound that is really really into electronic music and raves right now. I mean, at the end of the show here he did a dance party where he played stuff that were early versions of new songs (at least beatwise). I think this new record is going to be similar to Orlando Sentinel, but who ever knows with Chad. He could throw a curveball, other than those beats everything I've heard seems like it'd do better in a more stripped down setting. I can't imagine Wasted On The Senate Floor being anything else than something like Sarkozy or Allahu Akbar. The song he did about cancer I can't imagine with any real arrangement other than stripped down. The other new songs (I really really hope Tanline Debris is on here too, that song rules) also feel about the same, but who knows what is going to be on the album and in which form.

9. tshreve

Metalicca

Seen him twice recently, but it wasn't until I saw him play "Erica Western Teleport" a couple days ago that I got hooked. Song is so catchy and so relatable, been on a kick with all his stuff now for this whole week

10. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

really loving western teleport. can't get enough.

11. cwhit

12. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Haha I have it written down but haven't listened yet. Once I finish Everything So Far by Pinegrove I'll check it out. What should I start with?

13. cwhit

erica western teleport is the best, but if you really want to be hooked, watch the live videos first. i saw your obsession with the pinegrove live stuff because it adds a new layer, for emperor x the live stuff is a totally different rabbit hole of music you're going down with him

KennedyBN likes this.
  14. cwhit

was searching for videos. here's the song he did at broken world (not at broken world) about cancer. @US Camera @matthaber

US Camera and matthaber like this.
  15. cwhit

full set featuring christian on guitar

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Ayyy the first video in the OP of Wasted On The Senate Floor is really good. So is this Canada Day performance for Nervous Energies.

17. cwhit

yeah, i feel that the best live videos are the perfect intro, the recorded stuff can be a little difficult to get into but the songs are so perfectly written that once you love the songs it doesn't matter as much

18. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

this song is unbelievable. Screw all the people talking in the background of this video though lol i cant wait for a studio recording of this.

19. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Not gonna lie I got this mixed up with Empress Of for a long time just off name so I had written off because I didn't like that record lol.

20. cwhit

yeah that was my first thought too haha.
    except a studio recording probably won't sound anything close to this, haha.

21. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i always get Emperor X and Emperor Yes (British pop band) facebook posts mixed up so dw im right there with you.

22. cwhit

@Emperor Yes?

23. cwhit

ugh that set in the classroom with christian is so good. about 20 minutes in and it's been perfect. alyssa kai and lady queen paradise played too, ughhhhh.

24. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

25. cwhit

bless
    welcome to the club. very excited to have you here

Joel likes this.