Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emperor X Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

omg your username

2. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

Lol first thing that popped into my mind

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

lol wow
    sorry nobody on this board is allowed to be a bigger emp X fan than me

4. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

You can have the avatar and tagline, cwhit! haha

I'm so excited to get a new album this year. I've been listening to him and Carly Rae Jepsen pretty much nonstop.

5. cwhit

i'm just glad i get to see him one more time this year, didn't get the three or four times on this tour that i had potentially planned on but two is good, hah. hope i get full band at BWM though

6. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

So jealous you'll be at BWM! My family lives in Pittsburgh and I almost pulled the trigger on going, but I have enough trips going on that I had to stop myself — will probably road trip to Houston on Monday if Syracuse beats UNC.

7. cwhit

8. oh shit how'd I miss this. will definitely try to make it out there

9. cwhit

lemme know how it goes!!!

10. cwhit

u goin????

11. ended up having a ton of work to do this weekend and I already had tickets to IIOI tomorrow :tear: hopefully I get to catch him soon

12. cwhit

UGHHHHHH

13. cwhit

So ready, will give updates about today at BWM

14. cwhit

Well he played four songs and had a ton of technical issues but it's still Emperor X live and he played a song about having cancer and I almost cried so

15. cwhit

I'll post the lyrics he gave us later, holy shit

We also got Wasted On the Senate Floor, Compressor Repair, and another song I didn't know. Recorded it on my phone, think it sounds alright.

jordalsh likes this.
  16. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

finally picked up the Western Teleport album, really enjoying it.

17. cwhit

proud of you joe!

18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I try! it's really good!

19. scyllarecords

I saw Emperor X live supporting The Hotelier and I was blown away. I'd not heard of him before, so I looked back into his recorded output and it hasn't really clicked. Has anyone else found this? Any suggestions on which albums I should re-visit?

20. cwhit

Western Teleport is his best release, but I think the best way to get into him (as stated early on) if you struggle to get into the recorded material is by listening to the live stuff and then using your love of the songs as shells to get into the arrangements around him. Check out the OP for some of the key videos, then listen to the live compilation.

Also so jealous you're overseas and got to see that tour, I would have gone to so many dates of that

21. scyllarecords Apr 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2016)
    scyllarecords

Thanks for this. I'll have a listen. If you like the idea of that line up have a watch of this...

Also - where is the live comp? I can't find anything on Spotify, unless I'm being stupid.

22. cwhit

Oh believe me, I've watched this a ton.
    Christian harmonizing on Defiance For Elise Sunderhuse kills me every time

23. scyllarecords

Yeah - it's so good! Also - where is the live comp? I can't find anything on Spotify, unless I'm being stupid.

24. cwhit

25. cwhit

also just found out western teleport is finally streaming on bandcamp in its entirety! woooo