Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emperor X - Oversleepers International (May 5, 2017) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Oct 31, 2016.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Never really listened to this guy before but both of the singles for this are great. Are the lyrics for €30,000 posted anywhere?

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

@matthaber do you still have the lyric page from broken world? haha

3. cwhit

oh wait i do. gimme a few

4. cwhit

[​IMG]

matthaber and kbeef2 like this.
  5. cwhit

oh cool just realized that that "we're gonna go burn a cop car" song is riot for descendant command, nice.

6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

J
    It's posted on my wall ! It's the centre piece of my entire room

cwhit likes this.
  7. cwhit

i'm not sure i actually got/kept one but i at least have the picture

8. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I don't see this posted, but here's an older studio version of 'Brown Recluse' that sounds amazing. I wonder if the new one will be reworked. I wouldn't mind if it were just this lol

Heavy Yo La Tengo vibes on this. I think it's the backing vocals in the chorus and how he phrases some of the verse in a way that sounds like Ira.

9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Still trying to find where to get tickets for the Ottawa date. Animal Flag is opening, really wanna catch that!

10. cwhit

almost definitely just a house show at the door or something

11. matthaber

trying to not think about how i have to miss the toronto show :'(

12. matthaber

also im listening to Orlando Dentinal for the first time. its amazing. is this considered an LP??

13. cwhit

it is, though it originally started as an EP then a bunch of the interludes were added by the time it was released if i remember correctly

some top tier songs on that though. sarkozy, fierce resource allocation, hms blank meditteranean, daytrader stadium

though the live versions of sarkozy and daytrader are better on guitar. sarkozy also sounds a lot like allahu akbar in the beginning so chad has to space them out in sets haha

matthaber likes this.
  14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Considering driving to NC to catch a date

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  15. cwhit

worth it
    plus with min girls
    where are you from??

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah, extra appeal. I'm living in Georgia right now. Wouldn't be a terrible drive, I've done it before with friends

17. cwhit

also the five day stretch between the 20th and 25th that a show could be added potentially

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I was thinking that, but I'm weighing both possibilities. I don't want to not get to see him at all just bc I'm banking on him maybe adding a show, yknow? So if I've got nothing going that day and have spare cash, I'll take matters into my own hands and make the drive, ha.

19. cwhit

at that point you'll know if there is one or not, haha. but i def think you should go if you can!

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  20. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I'm being swayed, I'll definitely at least actively set aside some gas money for it ✌

22. matthaber

k so i seriously did not know he had other LP's beside western teleport, and now i've been going through his whole discog... and omg i think i love him a thousand times more now. the glitchy/more experimental stuff is potentially some of the best stuff ive heard from him.

23. matthaber

Central Hug is so good

24. cwhit

have you listened to the live album?? i personally think that's more essential than most of the LPs as a whole

25. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Seconded. I got it from him at his show in Cinci last Spring. Really put a lot of songs in a different light for me. I'd say WT>Live record>the rest, which range from good-weird to very good.

cwhit likes this.