Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emperor X - Oversleepers International (May 5, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Oct 31, 2016.

1. cwhit Oct 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2017)
    cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

1. Wasted on the Senate Floor
    2. Schopenhauer in Berlin
    3. €30,000
    4. Brown Recluse
    5. Tanline Debris
    6. Warmth Perimeter (feat. Stephen Steinbrink)
    7. Oversleepers International
    8. God Save Coastal Dorset
    9. Low Orbit Ion Cannon
    10. Riot for Descendant Command
    11. 5-Hour Energy, Poland, 2017

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Haruni

Regular

knew it

3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

this recorded version of senate is everything. holy fuck.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. cwhit

it's so good and everything i wanted

5. cwhit

Most anticipated album ever by the way

6. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

exciting to finally have a studio version of Wasted on the Senate Floor. im excited for this album.

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This song is pretty cool

8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

song is really great, production seems different

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This reminds me lots of tmg. I like this far more than anything of his I've heard before

10. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

@cwhit i know youve been waiting for a studio version of Senate Floor for a long time... what were your initial thoughts when you first heard it? did it live up what you hoped / will it be weird listening to this version instead of the live version now?

11. cwhit

So I have several versions of this song. Firstly, the one everyone knows;

Then he put another version on a Bernie Sanders comp

Plus all the live versions I have from self recording. His recorded stuff is always so different than live so I expected more changes TBH. I felt the album would be in more of an electronic direction based some things I heard and his live set, but I really don't know anymore
    Love this though, still one of the best songs I've ever and a religious experience live

12. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

So excited for this record. Love the production here. So much forward momentum, and the outro is gorgeous

13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Lot to like about that song. I'm gonna be completely honest, despite liking his tunes, this guy always comes off as incredibly tryhard to me. That isn't the worst thing in the world, I suppose; it's clear he has an incredible stronghold on how to write a melody, and the music is what's important.

14. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i feel exactly the opposite? it feels like his persona just emanates off him v naturally

also song rules

15. cwhit

yeah, i never feel that way at all with chad. he's also smarter than most people, so that may be part of the issue, haha. sometimes brilliance comes off as pretentious or snobby but i don't feel that way about him at all, truly just an earnest and genuine guy

16. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

yeah exactly! not to mention that even in that sense of the word "tryhard", i feel like he is a lot less so than all the fake genuine people in music whose personas literally revolve around carefully crafting and selling vulnerability / emotionality

being unfiltered in the way you express yourself is v rare and v important, even it comes off as pretentious or w/e sometimes.

17. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

want him to write a song about / that references quarks so bad

cwhit likes this.
  18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

holy moly can't wait.

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

This is really cool, different from the live version but not dramatically so. I'm excited for this album, even though the only full album I've listened to by him is Western Teleport (which I've listened to a lot tho, so shrug)

cwhit likes this.
  20. cwhit

updated with free download

KennedyBN likes this.
  21. cwhit

changed back my profile text in honor lol

22. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

Saw him live a few months back. Nothing tryhard about Chad. He's like an econ/poli sci Aaron Weiss, if anything.

SayHello and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  23. Cody

I'll keep listening and lose that feeling, I'm sure. The song is great, I've had a bunch of spins of it today. Roomie dug it as well. Does he tour ever/often? I have to assume that would help.

24. Cody

Also, I"m definitely biased in this opinion, but man, I wish this track had even a touch more drums.

25. cwhit

He's located in Germany now but generally comes to the US for an extended time once a year