Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emo Nite LA Going on Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Emo Nite LA is hitting the road this fall. The monthly event, which is typically held in Los Angeles, will be taking over venues in Baltimore, Seattle, Santa Ana, Portland, San Francisco, San Diego, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Denver. All the dates can be found below.

Sep 2 – Ottobar – Baltimore, MD
    Sep 6 – The Echoplex – Los Angeles, CA
    Sep 17 – Chain Fest Official After Party – Santa Ana, CA
    Sep 27 – Holocene – Portland, OR
    Oct 4 – The Echoplex – Los Angeles, CA
    Oct 11 – Richsaw Stop – San Francisco, CA
    Oct 18 – Chop Suey – Seattle, WA
    Oct 22 – Casbah – San Diego, CA
    Nov 1 – The Echoplex – Los Angeles, CA
    Nov 8 – The Marquis Theatre – Denver, CO
    Nov 15 – Valley Bar – Phoenix, AZ
    Nov 18 – Masquerade – Hell – Atlanta, GA
    Nov 29 – Holocene – Portland, OR
    Dec 6 – The Echoplex – Los Angeles, CA

2. aniafc

Trusted

Surprised it took this long, to be honest

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They've been hitting the west coast a couple times now actually. It's only a first for certain cities.

4. PMD16

I've been to the one in LA a handful of times. They're a lot of fun but they get packed and if you're there for awhile you'll hear the same songs 3 or 4 times. Still worth it though if you haven't been.

5. Wonder how this will do in the cities it's hitting that already frequently have their own Emo Nites

6. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I just can't justify getting absolutely smashed in LA on a Tuesday then ubering an hour home to just be at my desk at 6:30 in the morning the next day, but I've seriously been dying to go to this.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  7. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

great, theyre exporting their monumental lameness to other cities now

8. cerealtony

tech-savvy at-risk youth

I can only speak to San Francisco but we have a monthly emo night and it's small but great. The last time LA's night came here they drew a much bigger crowd than we have regularly and it kinda blows my mind as to why people would come to that but not the one that's actually hosted monthly in our city. The music is a little different I guess but it kinda upsets me that people would apparently rather support LA's night than their own.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

So what percentage goes to Adam Lazzara?

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I am considering the Denver show.

11. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

This came to Toronto like six months ago and it was pretty terrible admittedly. They played terrible dance remixes of scene classics. After a while everyone started booing and they eventually switched to just playing the songs outright. The guys were also super annoying. They brought a bullhorn and just abused the siren on it all night.

12. chris

Trusted Supporter

they've actually been back to Portland like every couple months since the first one they held here. It was alright

13. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I'm kind of confused as to what this is. Is it like a cover band or something?

14. Behind the Barricade

If it's anything like the one in Brooklyn, it's 2 people playing scene music off a laptop. Sometimes they have "Celebrity DJs".

15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I think they do this in Portland every other month.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Is this a regional thing? I know there is a Chicago Emo Night here but it doesn't seem to be as popular as this one.

17. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

And that's going on tour?

[​IMG]

marceting and cerealtony like this.
  18. Furman

kpatrickwood likes this.
  19. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Always wanted to check out one of these things. I'm in.

20. brodskies

Where's the monthly SF emo night? I live in SF and wasn't aware that one still existed after the one at Neck of the Woods went away. I would definitely be down to check it out. Maybe it's just that people don't know about it? I went to the last Emo Nite LA at Rickshaw and it seemed like the a lot of the crowd consisted of friends of Babs (one of the hosts who used to live in SF) and/or the people who used to go to the Neck of the Woods one.

21. Behind the Barricade

EDM artists make great money doing that! ;-)

22. cerealtony

tech-savvy at-risk youth

Yeah this one has only been going for a little over a year; it's called Make Me a Mixtape, they do it at The Knockout near 30th/Mission. It leans a little more toward 90s emo and less 00s scene stuff, which is honestly more up my alley and why I love it. Check out facebook.com/emonightsf for events, they usually happen on a Wednesday near the end of the month.

I've only lived in the city for like 2 years so I'm not really sure how it compares to the old one at Neck of the Woods, but you should definitely come out if you can! and I know there's also one that happens at Pop's Bar sometimes called Sadderday, I've only been once and the music wasn't completely my thing but they played some good songs so it might be something worth checking out

brodskies likes this.
  23. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Haha ya know- I thought about that, and yeah given the current trends it makes a ton of sense.

[​IMG]

24. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Playing an Aux cord dj set is wildly different than playing an actual dj set

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Great job with identity and branding certainly has played a part in their success. I've never gone to the LA one, but I briefly checked out their first SF night. Here at least, esp. since it's at Rickshaw, the crowd reminds me a lot of the Blow Up kids from years back.