Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emo Nite Announces Two-Year Anniversary Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 23, 2016.

1. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I've yet to go to Homesick, despite the number of shows at Sneak Dee's I've been to, and it's been a real regret of mine

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Let's be real too. would a night of listening to traditional emo music be fun?

3. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Can someone explain to me how the hell all those dudes are doing DJ sets on the same night? Are they each picking four songs?

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

wasn't calling for that: but the event name is, as i said, making "emo" into a guilty pleasure and looking down upon it as "music we listened to in high school" basically

i'm sure these nights are a blast, lol, going to this bar in baltimore that is basically this but as a bar always and doesn't make a big deal out of an "emo night" event

5. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I think my issue is that at least for the one in my city, 90% of what they play is radio pop-punk. I'm not asking to hear Diary front to back but if they even dug in slightly more and played lesser known artists they could turn people onto some bands they might not have heard of and move away from the "nostalgia trip" novelty. Maybe I'm the only one who wants this lol.

6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

im still waiting for a bar to start hosting a "TWINKLE DADDIES NITE"

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

We talked with the creators of Emo Night Brooklyn and it's really cool how everything got started and their future goals. The episode is here if you want to listen to it:

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. TuneYouOut

Newbie Supporter

Not everyone is on the main stage, they have "booths" on outside patios.