Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emo Nite - 2016 Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Aug 23, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Aug 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

14068085_524953684362256_4288399300176031792_n.jpg

09/02 - Baltimore, MD @ Ottobar
    09/06 - Los Angeles, CA @ Echo & Echoplex
    09/17 - Santa Ana, CA @ The Observatory (Chain Fest official after party)
    09/27 - Portland, OR @ Holocene
    10/04 - Los Angeles, CA @ Echo & Echoplex
    10/11 - San Francisco, CA @ Rickshaw Stop
    10/18 - Seattle, WA @ Chop Suey
    10/22 - San Diego, CA @ Casbah
    11/01 - Los Angeles, CA @ Echo & Echoplex
    11/08 - Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre
    11/15 - Phoenix, AZ @ Valley Bar
    11/18 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade (Hell)
    11/29 - Portland, OR @ Holocene
    12/06 - Los Angeles, CA @ Echo & Echoplex

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I have never been to one of these things. Too bad it's not coming to Chicago. Is it just a DJ (and special guests DJs) playing 2000s Era pop punk and emo songs?

3. heymeg

Yes, but depending on the date sometimes there's bands too, or the guest DJs are from bands and will sing with their song and/or play a short acoustic set. LA always has bands playing in the upstairs room while there's DJs downstairs as well. I've never gone to it in other cities so I don't know if it's ever different.

4. kamzarro

The previous ones in SF haven't had bands or notable guest DJs, but that may change.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Has anyone been out to one of these?

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i have really passionate feelings about why i think these things basically insult me and the music i listen to

they always portray "emo" as guilty pleasure nostalgia, how am i not supposed to feel insulted when that style of music is what i feel most passionate about in this day and age?

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I still have yet to make it out to one of these things. This looks pretty epic.

9. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Agree completely

10. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

The Philly based version of this "Through Being Cool" never has really given off that vibe to me. It's always treated as a way to bring people together and enjoy their favorite music. Is it slightly leaning towards nostalgia, yes, but the DJ's and everyone I've talked to there genuinely still loves this music and the scene by and large. They market it as "Pop Punk/Post-Hardcore/Emo" and I'd say that description is pretty accurate.

The setlist includes a bunch of 90's to now traditional Emo along with what the genres new definition is. Just an all around good time with belting out the words to some of your favorite songs with a drink in your hand.

I will say though that the LA version does fall into the traps you're describing which I can not get behind, especially since they tried to trademark the damn thing even though Philly and New York have been doing it for almost 6 years now.

11. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

This is coming to MN with Justin Pierre DJing. Is it lame? It seems lame but I'm still intrigued.