Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emma (Autumn De Wilde, February 21,2020) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 21, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jane Austen’s beloved comedy about finding your equal and earning your happy ending is reimagined in this delicious new film adaptation of Emma. Handsome, clever, and rich, Emma Woodhouse (Anya Taylor-Joy) is a restless queen bee without rivals in her sleepy little town. In this glittering satire of social class and the pain of growing up, Emma must adventure through misguided matches and romantic missteps to find the love that has been there all along.

In addition Taylor-Joy, the cast includes Bill Nighy (Their Finest), Miranda Hart (Spy), The Cure for Wellness‘ Mia Goth, The Crown‘s Josh O’Connor, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald‘s Callum Turner, Krypton‘s Rupert Graves, Game of Thrones‘ Gemma Whelan, In Darkness‘ Amber Anderson and Sex Education‘s Tanya Reynolds.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

looks wonderful, I love how Anya is in everything now

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Emma was a comedy? lol

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fuck yeah bro

lots of marie antoinette vibes here

phaynes12 likes this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

seeing tonight

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

liked this a lot. even made me that much more pumped for last night in soho

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

q&a with autumn and anya was really good too, sans the one person with her phone on in my row. clueless was mentioned like seven times

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

gowns beautiful gowns, but seriously the costume design and cinematography was so beautiful, def reminded me of Marie Antoinette in how much I wanted to eat the food
    alien queen Anya was delightful as was Bill Nighy
    it was impossible for me not to think of Clueless obviously, whispers to date that's Tai
    also guess they can make period pieces without Saoirse and Joe Alwyn in them

PatRFinley likes this.
  11. stayillogical Mar 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 9, 2020)
    stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

This was excellent. I laughed way more than I thought I would.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

this is so sad, whoever bullied her for her beautiful alien eyes is my nemesis

13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Really loved this. It lives up to all of the costume / hat / set design praise and I also thought it was entertaining and the acting was great. I wasn’t bored at all and the bits had everyone laughing. A lot of people say for a bit and excitedly discussed it after.

I also think this really proves that Anya can carry a more mass appeal type movie and is 100% a star (not that it wasn’t clear before, but I think this is a different height of success for her)

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hbo 10/24

stayillogical likes this.
  16. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Hoping it being on streaming gets people to appreciate how wonderful this is.

17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Forgot about this. I liked it a lot.

18. cshadows2887

I know this is an old post but how dare you overlook the Period Piece Queen Keira Knightley, sir!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Lately her successor has been Lily James.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

She's been quiet lately haha

cshadows2887 likes this.
  21. cshadows2887

Jesus, Colette is already two years old?

Being old sucks.

22. cshadows2887

I find her so ridiculously charming even in roles that don't always seem like they would be. Yesterday in particular could have been really thankless.

jkauf likes this.
  23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Finally caught this on HBO Max. What a delightful movie. Anya and Bill were a great duo. Great year for Anya too (minus New Mutants, but she never promoted it so you kind of see where she stands with it.)

24. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Finally got to this, it's delightful. Really love the color palette and aesthetic they went with. Also blew my mind that Phoebe Waller-Bridge's sister did the score