Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eminem - Revival (Dec 15, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Oct 25, 2017.

1. henryviolence

Yeah, I mean, if we're to believe the rumour that the record is gonna drop next week, I wouldn't call this a single. Sounds like its most likely the first track on the lp. I dig the sentiment and I think it's pretty badass that he got Bey. If this does turn out to be the single and we have to wait a month or 2 for the full length... I'll be slightly bummed.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think Recovery is very good.

Relapse is awful.

Encore and MM2 have some redeemable songs.

His Bad Meets Evil LP with Royce is VERY good, in my opinion. Probably the best stuff he's done since Eminem Show.

3. The Lucky Moose Nov 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The Eminem Show was bad. A few historically interesting tracks, even some good ones, but it's not a good album. It was the beginning of the end, though it would take two more (bad) albums for his rapping itself to become intolerable to me. Not that I'm a fan of his first two albums (not counting Infinite, which is actually my favourite), but I accept their status.

By the way, it's funny to see so many people in here I have never seen in the hip hop thread. Oh Em. I guess it's why his Trump freestyle made an impact though (not accusing anyone here of being a Trump supporter).

Contender likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

It's about the new song, in broad terms. 15 minutes. Pretty cool.

5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

This is fascinating.

6. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Agreed aside from the Bruno Mars song. Also love Scary Movies from the older era of BME

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Not sure how I feel about this song. The hook isn't catchy at all, but I like lyrics and the flow. But its just a little boring, not what I would expect from Eminem.

As for his post-Eminem Show releases, I thought Recovery was pretty solid. MMLP2 would've been great if he cut maybe 3 songs from it.

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think Relapse and Encore both have some great moments but also a lot of trash. Recovery is mostly bad and MMLP2 was just awful.

9. The Lucky Moose

I have never felt this close to you lmao

SpyKi likes this.
  10. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed most of MMLP2 and it helped me get through a tough time so I have a lot of personal connections with it. My best friend is an Eminem stan to the ninth degree though so I'm probably a little biased as I am basically listening to Em every day whether I want to or not lol

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

This is very bad.

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Em on SNL with Chance. Wonder if they have a song together that he'd debut

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

That would be cool.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

he's gonna be on Shade45 at 1pm EST, thoughts are he is premiering the new single that he will likely perform on SNL. Losing faith that he will drop the album today but who knows.

suicidesaints likes this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I don't believe that tracklist.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i WANT to believe the tracklist though haha

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Would anyone be surprised if he just drops the album the second he's done performing on SNL?

I think that's a real possibility.

19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I can see that happening: "REVIVAL IS OUT NOW!" - cut to commercial.

20. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Kanye did that with Life of Pablo. Wouldn't surprise me.

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Was going to say this. It’s happened before.

22. btr

Trusted Supporter

Walk on Water (Full) / Stan (Partial) / Love the Way You Lie (Partial) on SNL just now.

Contender likes this.
  23. Cmoney86

Trusted

He’s trolling the fuck out of his fans and I love it yes I’m a fan as well

24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Solid enough performance, would have liked to hear a new song. I love the message and lyrics of “Walk On Water” (Skyler Gray actually sells it better than Beyonce imo), but it’s just not that great of a song. Wish he could get over the mental hump and just try to make dope music without worrying about its impact on his legacy, but that seems like it’ll be difficult given his fan base and the media.

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Skylar grey is so great