Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eminem - Kamikaze (August 31, 2018) Album • Page 22

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Aug 30, 2018.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't know, by the time TES and 8 Mile came out, he was already one of the most enormous superstars in the entire world. MMLP was absolutely huge. SSLP was huge too, but I think a lot of people didn't really think he would last, or thought it more of a guilty pleasure. Let's not forget, he was all over Chronic 2001 too, prior to MMLP being released. And Chronic 2001 was enormous as well.

All of that came out while I was in high school, and he was quite literally taking over the world. I'm not sure what, if anything TES added (my personal favorite Em album) other than cementing his legacy/superstar status.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Speaking of TES, Business being used for the new Shazam trailer was so random lol

3. Maverick

Trusted

Yeah the end of 2002 was his peak. I remember watching TRL with Eminem as a guest when 8 Mile came out and he had the number one movie, number one album (8 mile sdtk), number one single (Lose Yourself) and number one music video all in the same week.

The Lucky Moose and CAC3 like this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

That's not why I mean though. He was a huge rap and even superstar, absolutely, but, in my mind, TES is when he culturally became more than that, for better or worse.

5. The Lucky Moose

But actually I really might be on the wrong path here, because The Way I Am is on MMLP

ncarrab likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I feel like The Way I Am did that. TES was kinda designed around that whole thing I think.

7. The Lucky Moose

Yeah so maybe TES really supercharged what started with The Way I Am

SpyKi likes this.
  8. The Lucky Moose

Lose Yourself is very good. Idk if that is a hot take or not, I haven't kept up.

ncarrab likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think Lose Yourself was his peak. Everything after that was a steady decline in overall quality. Encore was just not a good follow up to TES/8 Mile, and then stuff just got weird/bad.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, then in that case, I guess I just don't agree with that, and would say that is what MMLP did for him, not TES. TES just cemented it further (at the time)

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Lose Yourself is iconic, imo and honestly, the majority of the 8 mile soundtrack is very good. '8 Mile' is actually my favorite Eminem song ever.

12. The Lucky Moose

I haven’t heard the whole thing since 04 or so but I remember liking it too

13. The Lucky Moose

Could be. I think there probably also was a European delay that makes my perception differ. Back then things weren’t as synchronous as they are now.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lose Yourself is an amazing song. There's a reason that literally everybody knows the words to the entire first verse

15. Serh Sep 3, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 3, 2022)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

chewbacca110 likes this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

guess another album's coming

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Dr Dre was on Kimmel this week and said that Eminem’s new album is finished and being mixed, due out later this year. Confirmed he has a few song he produced on there

18. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Do we really need a new Eminem album ever again?

Joe4th likes this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Probably not but ill listen to it

jorbjorb likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

based on precedent, it’ll likely be better than the inevitable vitriol indicates

21. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Haven’t enjoyed anything he’s released since MMLP2, but I’ll give the new record a spin

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

I thought Kamikaze and MTBMB both had a handful of good stuff.

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Old conversation but since this thread is bumped and i just read it…

MMLP made him a super star, but TES was EVERYWHERE. It was the first album I remember where radio stations around here were playing non-singles on the radio constantly. Some of those eventually became singles, but I remember hearing the radio play them before they were because people were calling in and requesting them. Like people were OBSESSED with Hailie’s Song and the radio was playing it all the time despite it not being a single. I also remember hearing square dance and white America on the radio, and I think goodbye to Hollywood too IIRC, though that one not nearly as much as the others

24. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

My best friend is very into Eminem so I'll be hearing this new album more than I probably ever want to. I'm quite a fan of MMLP2 but everything after is :poop:

Edit: Actually if every song on this new record is like Lace It, I'll be a fan. Best Eminem verse in yeeeaars IMO

25. hollowmines

Regular

We can complain all we like but it will sell a bajillion copies and blare at every gym in north america whether it's any good or more likely not