Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

baby matt is so cute

didn't know devin used to do drums/vocals.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think Shallow Seas is their best work, hands down. I also really love some songs off IOAM and didn't get the hate for the record even though some songs were meh.

YWNA was pretty good (backed it on indiegogo a year prior to it coming out lol) but I hope the new album is a little more exciting and heavier.

Dirty Sanchez and awakeohsleeper like this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Haha oh man... that was truly awful.

DejaMoi likes this.
  4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I still need to hear the classics reimagined ep. The version of Studying Politics from the accoustic live in houston ep is hilarious lol

teebs41 likes this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I choose to believe that they are in on the joke and it's purposely bad but I'm afraid that might not be true haha

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

the EP is nothing like that. And yea they were purposefully doing it as a joke but it really wasn't bad.. I thought they captured country really well, Tobys voice was incredible

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I was referring to the video i posted not the ep. I don't mind the country take at all

coleslawed likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

What's stopping you is a top 5 emery song

wood&wire and js977 like this.
  9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think it may be my new favorite. That transition from the last screamed verse to the singing is awesome. Love every second of that song.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I need to spend more time with YWNA. I've really been listening to Emery a lot more lately. I stopped for quite awhile so it's been cool to rediscover them the last few days. The good news is I enjoy Shallow Seas more than I remember and I will finally listen to We do what we want this week haha long time coming I know but better late than never eh. I've stayed away from that one for some reason.

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

its not that good lol

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

my perception of WDWWW is it came out when every band was seemingly trying to go in a heavier direction for the sake of being heavy and thus couldn't have been that good. it's not bad but nothing stands out save for a few songs.

13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I still think We Do What We Want is good. But I don't know, that was the first album by the band I really dove into. The Cheval Glass, The Curse of Perfect Days, I'm Not Here for Rage I'm Here for Revenge, Addicted to Bad Decisions and I Never Got to See the West Coast are all favorites of mine.

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

My biggest problem with that record is the production.

For me emery has two tiers
    Seas
    Question
    Weeks end
    Ywna

Second tier
    Broken hearts ep
    We do what we want
    I'm only a man

I for one am glad they are doing a record in the studio. Honestly would love for them to go way off the map and work with someone completely new

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Honestly, I love every Emery record almost equally. If I were to rate each of them, it would be like, a 0._ difference between each one.

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Shallow seas
    Question
    And weaks end are so close for me
    The you were never alone is probably just as good but it doesn't have the nostalgia tied to it.. also I was recovering from donating a kidney when it came out so while that made the record special I am always reminded of sort of being in bed and not feeling good whenever I listen

coleslawed likes this.
  17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Those three albums are pretty much all I listen to from Emery.

18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I've never been able to get into In Shallow Seas, and I also really enjoyed WDWWW.

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

pretty sure We Do What We Want was recorded in the studio, while You Were Never Alone was pieced together by Matt.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

We do what we want was recorded by matt too

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Man, there are a couple records I associate with hospital stays too and as much as I love em it brings back physical anguish haha unfortunate phenomenon

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Agreed that's a pretty sweet setlist.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Favorite song on shallow seas?

Might be the title track for me

25. Colin Your Enthusiasm