Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. atlas

Trusted

Harmonic Emery is best Emery

chhholly123 likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, if they want to continue Emery well into their 50's, I'm sure there will be no screaming by the time LP12 comes.

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

what is the oldest band that has those post hardcore screams on it? ETID or is it Emery.. hard to believe that the majority of the band was 29 when The Weaks end came out

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess they could always get another younger bandmember to scream in the future if they wanted lol.

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I just think they could be heavy without screaming and use more intense higher singing and darker tone to be heavy. there were weird moments on the last record where they would be screaming over a major key just to make it sound heavy but its not really heavy if its in Major.. thats just how i feel at least ha. I still liked it tho.

coleslawed, DejaMoi and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Apparently an e-mail with the link is sent to backers at the end of each day. I still haven't received it either, so I hope I get it by the end of the day. haha

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

it's just typical when they do this stuff. they really don't deliver on their promises. LIke we were promised an acoustic EP after the last record and instead we got some live acoustic record. I'm not mad its just what I've come to expect ha. we will get some sort of version of what they promise but not exactly what we would imagine. Oh and saying DEVIN is back on the last record but really he was just singing back up there were no Devin songs. Looks like there will be on this release tho

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

When someone gets the Reimagined EP, I would love to hear thoughts on it!

9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Me too

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

the EP doesn't blow me away but it's a fun listen. So Cold is probably my favorite; it's got a stripped down feel with mostly electronic sounds but there's a quiet/chill guitar lead. Voice Fades has a full band acoustic sound, and Smile i only listened to once or twice bc it didn't do much for me but it's also got some acoustic guitar and some electronics. vocals are great in all 3 and are definitely front and center.

Dirty Sanchez and teebs41 like this.
  11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited to check it out, still cool that they did it! Can't wait for this record, lol!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

If i wasn't so into the new sorority noise I would just be listening to emery records all weekend. I think I'll spin them anyway though, havn't listened to the weaks end front to back in a long time

js977 likes this.
  13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

just got thru the EP, YWNA, and weak's end myself. good evening.

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  14. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This EP is pretty cool. I kinda hope they hit the stretch goal of making it a full length. I feel like they'd get better at it after this first go. (Which isn't me saying it's bad, just isn't anything more than a cool little thing.)

teebs41 likes this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This ep is incredible! Love the smile and face... Toby and Devin sound incredible here

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  16. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

The Smile the Face was my favorite on it too. As You Voice Fades was probably my least favorite, but it's still pretty cool. I don't know what the chances of them hitting 2,500 backers are, but I hope it happens. haha

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly we need to get everyone to back this new record just bc I want the full length of songs like this. Basically completely different songs

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It will be hard.. they do have 239k Facebook likes which I was really surprised about

19. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Hm, The Classic Crime managed to get 2,533 backers for their new album. So maybe it's possible? I feel like Emery is a good bit more popular than The Classic Crime. And I'm pretty sure they share a lot of fans.

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

hmm, they essentially reached the goal within a day on almost 1000 backers. you'd think the backing slows considerably once they reach the goal right? still got a month but thats a tall order. YWNA finished with $110K on 2493 backers. similar rate.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lack of full band touring over the last few years certainly won't help them here.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Hit their goal in like 3 days. Pretty sweet

23. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

The reimagined songs are dope. I hope the new stuff sounds like this.

teebs41 likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha I doubt it. But maybe darker in tone with more space? I would take that

25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

No words can accurately describe this.

Dirty Sanchez, wood&wire and teebs41 like this.