Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, that's the "secret announcement". I kind of figured that's what it was going to be. Definitely going to back this. I work until 10 tonight though, so hopefully I don't miss anything that great from their "early bird specials".

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea.. weird they are crowdfunding again. always happy for new emery tho

3. coleslawed Mar 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2017)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

definitely. Toby also said on his recent podcast that they're also doing an Emery remix album, I'm guessing that's one of the perks.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Cool!

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Emerylp7.com it's up

Dirty Sanchez and coleslawed like this.
  6. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I have no doubt the album will be awesome, but I am hesitant to back them after their last campaign.

7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

What happened with the last campaign?

8. beachdude

Considering backing this if I get a bit more money soon haha

coleslawed likes this.
  9. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

They just took a loooong time, didn't give us too many updates, and the packages were messed up... like they ended up not being what you pledged for. And then they sold the "backer exclusives" for way cheaper after the campaign.

That being said, the last album was one of their best imo and I feel like they're more established with BC and crowdfunding. The packages seem a lot more reasonably priced too. I'm gonna go for it.

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Here's the deal.. maybe they don't have the delivery options down as well. But I'll give them 10 bucks if I know that the record is going to be solid, which is all that matters to me

coleslawed and beachdude42 like this.
  11. beachdude

Yeah that's usually my thoughts on crowdfunding as well... as long as the music is good, anything else is just an extra.

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

"Emery, the Unlikely Masters of Rock: How Four Rednecks and a Hipster Became Screamo Legends" LMAO

coleslawed, teebs41 and beachdude42 like this.
  13. beachdude

Amazing.

14. beachdude

I watched the announcement video and realized I had never heard any of them talk before... they're SO Southern lmao I love it.

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea what a fantastic band! instantly becomes my most anticipated record this year unless manchester orchestra and Brand New do something ha

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

haha the accents give me a side chuckle every time i listen to their podcasts

Dirty Sanchez and beachdude42 like this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

it's cool that these guys are still really liked on this site

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. beachdude

Everyone from my Mom's side of the family is from Tennessee and other parts of the South, so they made me think of my family tbh haha

Dirty Sanchez and js977 like this.
  19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i think i said this around the time YWNA came out, but im so happy their career is having quite the second wave. not sure how far their reach is given the scene isn't what it once was, but their visibility and constant presence has been fun to have. that the writing is as good as ever is an added bonus.

20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Manchester Orchestra has been confirmed to have a new album coming out this year! Brand New will never release again though.... :tongue:

teebs41 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Will probably pledge the $10 digital download pack and get the Reimagined Classics EP on the side. Love this band and pretty much enjoy all their albums.

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

On an Emery kick since the announcement of LP7. Going to go in reverse chronological order through their discography. Started with Live in Houston now onto YWNA.

coleslawed, teebs41 and beachdude42 like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I have a feeling this record will have the least amount of screaming on it

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

also they are already dropping the ball, I didn't get that EP yet haha

chhholly123 likes this.
  25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I hope so.