Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I saw that.. I wish I cared more. I'll probably listen to it but at this point I just want him fully back in emery singing full songs

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

His last album was very good though, very sad concept record

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Didn't know he already had an album out. I thought he was supposed to be releasing a covers album? I liked most of the acoustic covers he put on Facebook a while back.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

No covers but yea that first album is a concept where the narrators wife has just been diagnosed with cancer and then she dies and finds a way to move on with his life through religion

5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously forgot how awesome "By All Accounts" is.

Garrett L. and teebs41 like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wonder if we will get a new record this year

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I think they plan to release an Emery and a Matt & Toby record this year.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Just re listened to YWNA the other day; clearly their best imo. I'm loving how active they are between all of BC's ventures.

beachdude42, coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Going to check out Devins solo record for sure too

airik625 likes this.
  10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The first didn't have as much replay value as I anticipated. A few songs only, really.

I've been meaning to check out the Matt and Toby record for just as long.

11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I like the Matt & Toby record, but some of it is more religious than I would like.

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, I couldn't get in to any of the solo stuff. I'll try again with these forthcoming releases.

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think the first Matt and Toby record is okay but Devins album is very good

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Very disappointed with devins record.. I like the r and b sound he went for but the production feels a little poor especially for that style of music.. it's cool that he tried to do it all with real instruments but I just wish his vocal melodies were a little bit more interesting.. I may come back to it in a different head space but right now this isn't for me

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I already like it way more, I think I was just in a weird mood last night also hard coming from listening to Thursday exclusively to this lol

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Intrigued to hear it but not sure whether it'll be for me.

17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Had an "in" at the record store they played at tonight and got to see the show. It's cool to hear the songs acoustic, and the back and forth between the crowd is cool. They spent a lot of time just hanging out with the people who came.

Also, Emery has 15 demos currently made. They said the next step is to fill the songs out. Looks like maybe fall/winter for new Emery.

Matt & Toby however is coming fairly soon. The album will be called "I Quit Church". Drums started tracking today. (so it seems they're being a bit more hands off with it)

18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I like the Devin album more than I expected. I think there are times it gets pretty boring/cliche but for the most part I was pleasantly surprised.

Definitely excited for new emery, tho idk how they'll top YWNA. It'll take some next level song writing.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  19. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

They said the next record will be like, the next step in the direction YWNA took. So they might do it.

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

That's exciting to hear, matts guitar work floored me when I first heard it but Toby did a tremendous job too.

coleslawed and Benjamin Lee like this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Would like them to take a heavier approach with less screaming if that makes sense

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

until i listened to break it down i had no idea toby was doing the screaming. always figured it was josh, even though toby screams live haha. i think sometimes they try too hard to sound heavy, but i love the screams.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

relistened to the weak's end today for the first time in probably over a year. what a "heavy" record.

24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Been getting into these guys heavily over the last couple days... In Shallow Seas We Sail is a flawless album.

25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

They're my favorite post-hardcore band by far. And that's my favorite album of theirs. Every album is great. They're also really cool people, I met them a month ago. :-)

teebs41 and beachdude42 like this.