Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

who knows if any of them will actually end up being used. it sounded like they were just having a good time and got on a roll.

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

If it's anything like their last couple albums, then that would be disappointing.

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

you didn't like You Were Never Alone?

bodkins likes this.
  4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I really liked both WDWWW & You Were Never Alone.

also, it was Matt at 1:06:30 in the first live stream video.

5. airik625

Not really. Maybe one or two songs I come back to.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Not alone, I think In Shallow Seas is their best without competition. Not to say their other albums are bad, I love them all (except maybe The Weaks End), but I feel like they peaked with In Shallow Seas.

8. bodkins

Trusted

Have you listened to their latest? I put that one neck and neck with ISSWS in terms of quality.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yes, I really like it. Listened to it a bunch last summer.

10. bodkins

Trusted

Nice! Just making sure cuz I feel a lot of people slept on that record. Glad you enjoyed!

Benjamin Lee and teebs41 like this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It's good (so much better than WDWWW) but I wouldn't match it with ISSWS. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe it's the influence of nostalgia but I would much rather return to some of their other albums than their last two.

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

We do what we want was very average.

You were never alone is a really solid record.. I agree though it was missing something. I have a good feeling about the Next one since they all actually went into a room and wrote 9 songs over a weekend, you were never alone was basically a bunch of ideas sent back forth via the Internet.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. bodkins

Trusted

WDWWW never did it for me either. One area where ISSWS surpasses YWNA for me is production. I get the vibe Matt was going for in the newest, but I feel like Sprinkle really crushed it with ISSWS.

Also for those that haven't yet, check out the first 12 episodes of the Break It Down podcast for an inside look at YWNA if you're into that sort of thing.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, sprinkle is a killer producer.. also they need some Devin fronted songs hav

15. bodkins

Trusted

Looks like we may be getting that on this coming record!

teebs41 and coleslawed like this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

That sounds very promising. Looking forward to what they produce.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. atlas

Trusted

I didn't really dig the heavier sound on WDWWW but it does have "Addicted to Bad Decisions" which is such a great jam

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Just listened to I'm Only a Man for the first time in a long time... I do not remember it being this good. I used to consider it my second least favorite, but now it might be my second favorite (first is In Shallow Seas).

teebs41 likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

You were never alone is really good but it's probably my 4th favorite

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

You Were Never Alone is pretty well tied with The Question at number 3 for me. Emery is probably my favorite band in the genre.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Listening to you were never alone never realized how incredible the guitar tone and playing was on this record

22. Jake Z

Regular

This is a band I like but always seem to sleep on. I need to go back and listen to their albums.

teebs41 likes this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

You Were Never Alone is their 2nd best record.

teebs41 likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It's aged nicely for sure

coleslawed likes this.
  25. airik625

Devin Shelton has a solo record coming out next month.

Pre-Order