Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 21

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Listening to a couple of seconds in that clip makes me realise I actually can't wait for this album.

Gooddayz likes this.
  2. latortuga

Regular

When is this new record coming it feels like forever!

3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, far too long!

teebs41 likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

When did they launch an indiegogo for the record? I know I backed it and it must now be like 2 years right?

teebs41 likes this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

lol no it was last fall tho

6. azzy01

Regular

It takes a lot of time to get the merch and other stuff backers paid for ready. I think many times artists underestimate the time and effort it takes to prepare these items and then end up not being able to produce the merch (hoh last album is a good example). So that's probably why thrythe taking this long. ( Just speculation ofc)

7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

On the latest Break it Down, Matt said they are mixing and the record should be out in the fall. He’s gonna do the same thing they did on the last record where he premieres each song early and breaks it down. Looking forward to that!

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Any indication on whose mixing?

10. chhholly123

Don’t recall if he said. He said he wasn’t producing, that’s all I remember.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I think the new guitarist did most of the production. My guess is they will outsource the mixing. Wonder if they will use beau again

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Shallow seas was never release on vinyl? Wild

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Haha oh

Well it feels like 2 years!

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Easily their best record.

latortuga and teebs41 like this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It was actually last March 2017 when the crowdfunder launched and the goal was pretty quickly met. And they said the album would be ready for October 2017 for digital and November 2017 for CDs and December 2017 for vinyl.

I don't know why they promised it would be ready for release by October to be honest - Emery have always been pretty slow on the back of crowdfunders. They do get the job done eventually and it sounds they are making progress finishing up this record but they always seem to be slow.

I would suggest the delay this time is because they decided to record and release 'Revival' (the old songs revisited album) first. That was released in November 2017 so technically they did deliver an album to the backers roughly on time but it was a stretch goal reward rather than the album people had initially funded.

bodkins likes this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Get ready... can't be too long before the launch sequence fully kicks in...

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yes!!!!!!

The Mysterious likes this.
  18. chhholly123

This is my most anticipated this year, behind Thrice.

The Mysterious and teebs41 like this.
  19. Lucas27

Trusted

These guys are on FB live right now and oh man. They crack me up. They are crazy.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

So funny! And holy shit that song sounded amazing

awakeohsleeper and Lucas27 like this.
  21. Lucas27

Trusted

Toby getting “mad” every time they layered another instrument over the tambourine was a highlight of my day. What a great way to introduce a bit of a new song.

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just watched it. The vocals and guitar for that song sounded unreal. And the tambourine too - man, that tambourine...

Lucas27 and teebs41 like this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

Can I see this if I don’t have Facebook

teebs41 likes this.
  24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

25. Dog with a Blog

Dang

C1FD612E-C7F5-4156-B9A8-C1FEA75F98C4.png

teebs41 likes this.