Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I go back and forth with if it or TWE is my favorite. It's hard to deny the debut for me, as it's the first album I truly ever fell in love with.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

What's the track list then? Just trying to work out if I should get it. Not sure why that information is not available on the website!

3. Garrett

The track list is in the YouTube playlist for the album on the site.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ah, missed that. It only played the one song when I clicked play. Thanks.

5. Lucas27

Trusted

Nope. I'm with you. I think In Shallow Seas best encapsulates everything that makes Emery a great band. I think The Question is the most fun to listen to as a diverse and well-rounded album, but when I listen to In Shallow Seas it just feels like they were in the zone.

You Were Never Alone keeps growing on me though. I'd put it at a safe third. The Weak's End and We Do What We Want would battle for fourth and I'm unfortunately in the camp who still can't connect with I'm Only a Man. Even though I think "From Crib to Coffin" might be their best closer.

josephcissell likes this.
  6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah I think ...In Shallow Seas We Sail is definitely my favorite album too. Even the bonus track is pretty great.

The Question is probably my second favorite.

Followed by The Weak's End.

While Broken Hearts Prevail is pretty good.

However I don't really like anything else they've released (besides this live acoustic album + a few songs on I'm Only A Man)

teebs41 likes this.
  7. Lucas27

Trusted

What are everyone's thoughts on We Do What We Want? Actually, the more I think of it, the more I'd probably put that album below ISSWS and The Question. I think it's seriously underrated and the only major thing I have against it is it's horrendous flow as an album. But individually, half the songs on that record are my favorites they've ever done.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. JettaPA

The lack of flow is a major problem, why they put the two slow, mellow acoustic songs back-to-back at the end makes no sense to me, plus Fix Me is a total "add-on" and just doesn't fit the rest of the album.

The drums on that album sound amazing, I love the mix they did with those and honestly only Fix Me and You Wanted It are the only songs I don't care for on it. The lack of Devin hurts it some too, even though I prefer Toby's vocals. It suffers from the lack of intertwining vocals the band excels at, but I still like a most of the songs on it.

9. bodkins

Trusted

Put me in the ISSWS being the favorite camp. YWNA is up there as well. Really expecting their next to be great.

10. airik625

You're expecting another album?

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

they wrote nine songs this weekend.

12. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

I'm Not Here For Rage is the best song on WDWWW. JB from ABR wrote the outro solo.

Also I can't help but feel a way when I hear The Cheval Glass.

Lucas27 likes this.
  13. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Literally never listened to these guys before, but my wife and I are planning on naming our daughter Emery, so I clicked this thread and listened to the acoustic song on their website. Wow. That was cool.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'm going to throw this out there... I prefer I'm only a man to WDWWW.

15. bodkins

Trusted

I know they're writing already. Honestly, with their new business model, I expect them to be putting out music/other content indefinitely.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. JettaPA

I believe Matt made the comment on their podcast about how long of a wait YWNA was before it was released and that Emery fans won't ever have to wait that long between albums again. I assume they're gonna keep making albums as long as they want to.

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes!!!! Where did you hear 9 songs???

18. airik625

Oh yeah? Huh. Didn't know that. Good to hear they're making new tunes though.

19. Lucas27

Trusted

I thought I was the only one who loved I'm Not Here For Rage. Best song on that album and one of their top 5 ever imo. The Cheval Glass is incredible too.

Had they switched "Fix Me" for "Crumbling" I think WDWWW would have been a significantly better album.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. Garrett

Listened to a podcast recently and Toby was joking about turning 40 soon and still singing Ponytail Parades and it made me realize just how much older they all were in comparison to a lot of their peers when the scene exploded.

teebs41 likes this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

They they were 29 when they started doing this..

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

@teebs41 @airik625 they talked about stopping in to Mike Herreras studio during their live stream show and how it was cool to write songs in the same room again.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I saw that but where did you get the number 9 from? Ha

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

pretty sure I heard Devin say it.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay cool, well if that's the case I could see a 2017 release for sure