Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Got VIP tickets to the Charlotte date of the fan appreciation tour just now :)

2. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

The chapter on Josh Head in Emery - Masters of Rock is downright intriguing. Such a cryptic man.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. The Mysterious

Still reading and geez, for as timid as Dave Powell looks, he is an absolute savage.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey man I don't have it, did it come with all of the preorder packages!?

5. The Mysterious

It did! PM me, sir.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. Lucas27

Trusted

True, but I also tend to count Salvatore Wrytha and Alone as one song. I think in the initial tracklist they were.

teebs41 likes this.
  7. Lucas27

Trusted

Also, since WDWWW gets so little praise, I just want to continue drawing attention to "I'm Not Here For Rage, I'm Here For Revenge" which has my vote for the most underrated Emery song ever.

8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I feel like they haven't come through here in ages, the closest they've come is Chicago, which is like 6 hours away.

edit: if concertarchives is correct, their last show here was in 2010 :(
    looks like they were always at the same venue, and that's about when it shut down.

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I haven't got it either - but I don't remember it being part of my preorder package.

10. awakeohsleeper Sep 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2017)
    awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Revisited the Indiegogo page - it only came with $50+ orders from what I can tell. But every order got a few advance chapters alongside the initial three 'Revisited EP' songs.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Happy 10th Anniversary to I'm Only A Man.

I know a lot of people didn't like it at the time, and whilst it's not their best output, it's always a worthwhile listen whenever I put it on. There's a lot to like there.

12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

World Away is one of my favorite Emery songs.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

That's a great song.

Whilst I wouldn't call it a favourite song, Don't Bore Us, Get To The Chorus gets stuck in my head more than most Emery songs.

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would definitely put this record in their top three. There’s a couple duds on it, sure, but there’s some of their best work ever on it.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It's a shame people didn't give it a chance. I reckon it would have done a lot better five or six years later.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

IOAM still does nothing for me. My mind says it sucks and I can go back and realize it’s not that bad but there’s still nothing I wanna re-listen to, except maybe the party song.

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

the opener is incredible

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would agree.

19. Dog with a Blog

From Crib to Coffin is GOAT

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I actually loved this album when it first came out, it just didn’t get much relistening after that initial love went away.
    I think this was the first album whose release I really followed and preordered.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Story About a Man with a Bad Heart is such a beautiful song.

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Reslistened to the album today and as always it was better than I remember. Still near the bottom of the discog for me but it’s got some highlights for sure. Now that would be a wacky bracket.

23. atlas

Trusted

I maintain that After The Devil Beats His Wife is their best song

24. Gooddayz

always and forever

I listened to their discography last week, so I'm gonna rank now.

...In Shallow Seas We Sail
    The Question
    You Were Never Alone
    The Weak's End
    I'm Only a Man
    We Do What We Want

I forgot how much I loved YWNA. I'm glad they bounced back with that one. I also remembered I really really dislike The Anchors. Dave is a beast, but that song rubs me the wrong way. Probably my least favorite by them. Overall great disco the top three are gems

js977 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'd probably switch You Were Never Alone and The Weak's End, but other than that, I think that's how I'd go. I do like I'm Only A Man quite a lot though - as you say, a great discography! Eagerly anticipating the next one. I think the only thing that held You Were Never Alone back was the production in comparison to ISSWS and The Question.