Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

2400!!

teebs41 likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea it's definitely going to get there

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

pretty impressive that they kept up a great rate after hitting the goal; expectations are very high for me, YWNA really raised the bar

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

We did it! Looks like we are getting two emery lps in the near future! Sweet

js977 and DejaMoi like this.
  5. The Mysterious

It's astonishing how little speed this has lost after hitting that 2500 mark, I thought for sure the project would fizzle a bit after. Everyone is about to get those future $7 tickets.

truelovewaits and js977 like this.
  6. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Home
    emery are selling a live album and naming rights to various objects on their bus to raise money for renovations. album is sorely lacking in YWNA but what a great idea.

coleslawed and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Love it. I'll have to contribute on payday.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. bodkins

Trusted

Yea heard this on the podcast today. Kudos to them for always thinking of cool ways to keep the band going. When they first had bus problems and mentioned crowdfunding I was hesitant because they still owe a record for their previous one, but this seems like a cool thing.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Do you have to contribute $25 to get the album? I was all for helping but that's quite a lot (I may be mistaken as my phone is old and struggling to load the page).

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea I was surprised it was that much too but it does appear so.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah it seems like it's 25 but if you view it as charity then it ain't that bad to be honest.

14. The Mysterious

[​IMG]

Lol, Toby's meme game is decent.

Gooddayz, kyle, beachdude42 and 5 others like this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

But from a business point of view surely you'll convince 500 people to donate $10 and hit the $5000 target a lot more easily than at $25? I know you need less people at $25 but easier to convince people at a 'normal price' level. Whilst I wish them the best, I don't see it as charity but would have happily donated for an album priced as an album.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Maybe they were reaaally impressed with the crowdfunding for the album

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

They might have been but this is different for me. With the album crowdfunding they clearly treated it as a pre-order - I'm sure Matt has said that on the podcast before. With this we're funding a bus so they can tour - some, like @mattylikesfilms suggested, might treat it as a charity donation but personally I don't. In fact, I see it as a business choice. It's great that they have fans that support their business. In fact, there are a whole host of incredible Emery fans so I'm sure they'll hit their target. I'd actually have been more like to throw in $5 if they'd just done a 'donate here' button but when there's a live album involved I wouldn't be typing on here but would be over there donating if they'd put it at a reasonable price as £10-12.

js977 likes this.
  18. The Mysterious

Who knows if it had any effect on bus pricing or not, but they definitely were. Matt said on the BC Podcast (or Break It Down, can't remember...) his initial estimates before the crowdfund started were around 75k-80k.

js977 likes this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just looking at my iTunes library and I've listened to every Emery release in the last two months apart from We Do What We Want... which I haven't listened since 2013. Wow, I must not enjoy that album or something? I definitely hadn't realised that.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That album is pretty half baked in my opinion. It definitely was not a worthy follow up to In Shallow Seas (their best record by far if you ask me) and it was the only record with Devin gone.

It doesn't have some great songs though; "The Curse of Perfect Days", "Daddy's Little Peach", and "Addicted to Bad Decisions" are top tier... the rest not so much IMO.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Would love to see Emery rank their own albums in that Noisey piece.

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Shallow seas
    The question
    Weaks end
    Ywna
    Only a man
    We do what we want

This is the definitive ranking

23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

YWNA
    The question
    The weaks end
    Shallow seas
    We do what we want
    Only a man

I know in my head shallow seas should be higher but I was in a funk when it came out and didn't listen to it much

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

In Shallow Seas
    I'm Only A Man
    The Question
    You Were Never Alone
    We Do What We Want
    Weak's End

...If you were to ask me.

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. coleslawed