Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I know Emery has a devoted and passionate fan base, but after the controversy surrounding the crowd funded campaign of their last album - I'm honestly surprised that they have been able to raise nearly $100,000 in just a couple weeks. Maybe everyone is just holding out for another album like The Question or ...In Shallow Seas We Sail. I really didn't think that many people liked their last 2-3 records.

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

My thoughts are that I'll pay for a digital download when it comes out so I might as well pay for it now and get a free EP (and potentially a free full length). I didn't enjoy WDWWW as much but the last effort was good.

I mainly use crowd funding as a preorder so I'm rarely impacted by problems with physical orders.

Edit: can you remind me of the Emery controversy?

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

You were never alone was received pretty well actually

4. airik625

When they crowd funded their last record, they made all kinds of options where if you paid for a certain expensive 'package' that you would receive a very limited variant and/or a test pressing that was one of only like 15 or something. Well turns out they ended up reusing that same package, so everyone who thought they were getting a limited variant - turns out it wasn't limited at all. I can't remember exactly, but I know a lot of people were pissed about how everything transpired and felt they were lied to.

5. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

i think the hopes for the album are higher since Devin is actually with them writing and recording again. for the last record, i think he either recorded his parts and sent them to them or came in and knocked his parts out real quick. Toby and Devins voices together harmonizing is one of the more pleasing things to my ears.

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Oh, wow, haha. I wonder how many have given money this time!

7. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

a ton of people have. they are well over 150% funded.

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I would love if they wrote something on par with shallow seas or the question but if it comes out to being just as good as you were never alone I'll be really happy as well. 4 great albums
    1 interesting album that's just didn't meet its full potential
    1 pretty bad metalcore record

beachdude42 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Sorry, poorly phrased - I know that! What I meant was I wonder how many who were annoyed last time have pledged this time.

10. Lucas27

Trusted

I'm assuming the last two records you speak of are IOAM and WDWWW?

teebs41 likes this.
  11. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Yeah I was definitely annoyed last time... but the record was great and I can tell from the prices and rewards that the process this time will be better. So i pledged again.

beachdude42 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  12. airik625

Just curious, but what was your experience with the pledge? I've heard numerous different incidents.

13. chhholly123

When I first pledged, the only vinyl option was the $100 tier... they promised special artwork, signed and hand-numbered, a limited pressing. The package was limited to 200 so the backers assumed that was the number for the pressing. When we finally received our stuff it was the regular artwork and the same colored pressing they were offering on their webstore. No hand numbering, but it was signed. The tshirt and poster didn't go with the feel of the album at all.

That being said, I love the album. Emery is one of my top ten favorite bands and I'm happy I was able to help them make the record. I have full confidence that this time around will be smoother.

14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Did you (or others) contact them about this? Disappointing they didn't fulfil the original descriptions.

15. chhholly123

I didn't... Like I said, I love the record and I was glad it got made... it just took them a lot longer than they projected and I think Bad Christian really took off while they were in the process so they wanted to launch preorders through their store. It all got pretty confusing. Honestly, by the time I got the package I had completely forgotten what I was promised. I saw the shirt, poster, and signed CD and had to go back and look at the pledge description to make sure they didn't send me someone else's extras by accident.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. airik625

I read a bunch of people did, and they either did not get a response and those that did get one were given a lame/poor excuse. I'll find the thread I'm referencing and share it after I find it.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

listening to the question and the weak's end and in shallow seas mixed and matched today. those albums still have some insane highs.

teebs41 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

400 more backers and we get that lp

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Less than 300 backers away from getting that full length

js977 and beachdude42 like this.
  20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Wait, haven't they already exceeeded their monetary goal? I thought they were recording an album as soon as they reached that? Sorry I haven't been paying that much attention haha

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

You are correct, I'm referring to reimagined lp.

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

200 backers away from getting the reimagined LP i think its going to happen

23. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

More secret perks on the way, too! Do they count towards the total backer #?

teebs41 likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea where did you see that?

25. The Mysterious Apr 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2017)
    The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Check your backer email, the latest one is a $25 canvas "Ships don't sink if they have wind in their sails" patch.